Low Grade Fevers Every Day Same Time. Is This Part Of Pots

DadOf2

I'm so sorry to ask these questions as I could just google them, but I can't find the answers that way.

I didn't put this in my last post as I thought maybe I was coming down with something, but apparently I am not.

I have had a low grade fever starting at around 3pm or so now for almost 2 weeks. My temp goes to about 99.5 or so and I feel a scratchy throat, but then in a few hours, it just goes away.

I have not been myself as of lately. Many of the POTS symptoms are now occurring while I'm seated and just worsen when I stand up.

For example, out of nowhere, I am having anxiety all day long while sitting or lying down, if I stand up it just gets worse. I've tried a Xanax a few times and it does nothing.

This Vertigo I'm having is also happening while laying down or sitting and when I stand up it goes away. It seems like some things get worse when standing or walking and some things are worse when I am laying down or just seated.

Am I missing something ? My Dr. doesn't know what to make of all of this.

Dustin

I run low grade fevers. Sore throat also. Even at mayo clinic during the sweat test i had to go to a higher temp because I started higher. Have you been diagnosed? Have you had an ANA test? Another thought ...allergies can make autonomic dysfunction worse. Could you have dust mite allergies (I was worse when I had a down comforter on my bed -feathers). Hope you are better soon.

About the emotional stuff. I have been crying with surges lately (not normal for me) also I used to feel really angry (again not normal for me) for no reason... then it was fear ( very strange b/c i am a very logical thinker). I have been able to control myself better on my medication but it took about 2 months. I get very embarrassed b/c I am a person with a lot of self control... just wanted you to know you are not alone. When I first went to the ER they gave me ativan and told me to "just calm down". My husband really wanted to punch the nurse I was calm my body was not... ativan did nothing for me. beta blockers can block some of the adreal surges. I think you need better medical advice and for me a few drugs do help. kayjay

Amy, I will tell you name brand Klonopin does help me. I read about Klonopin as a treatment for chronic fatigue and asked for it. I take .05 every night and I now longer wake up to pee 6 times and I rarely have a surge from changing positions in my sleep. I have been taking it since june, stopped for my mayo clinic visit... had nightime surges again and have been taking it ever since. I feel like ativan is evil :( . Kari

I was sent to an infectious control doctor becuse of my low grade fevers, that is when I got the dx chronic fatigue...It was prepots.

:P i kinda feel like a layer cake. first this dx, then another dx, add this dx, and this dx, throw in mono and sprinkle in the e b virus and before you know it you've got = POTS :(

Bellamia~

I spike low-grade fevers whenever my POTS symptoms are worse. It happens when I wear myself out (if I do too much).

My little fevers are ALWAYS later in the day - in the late afternoon or early evening - and they always go away if I get some rest. I usually will get them for a few days in a row, and then they'll go away until I run myself down again.

My doctor feels certain this is related to dysautonomia and POTS. I am going to see an endocrinologist in a few weeks, and if she gives me any further insight, I'll be sure to share it here.

The biggest thing for me, though, is that these little fevers are a sign that I really need to rest asap. If I ignore them, they only persist and I feel more and more sick. When I see them as a sign that I need rest, they usually go away in a day or two.

Not sure how much it adds to the picture, but this is yet another take on temperature stuff from a dysautonomia & mitochondrial perspective.

Dysautonomia: Body temperature, heart rate, and more:

http://www.mitoaction.org/blog/dysautonomia-body-temperature

There is an hour & a half teleconference linked on this page too. I have yet to listen to it... not sure if it mentions temperature or just general autonomic dysfunction stuff.

Have you been tested for mono ... I have a POTS dx and had a stretch of low fevers for 6 weeks. I blamed my POTS for the fevers and the fatigue for about a month and finally saw an infectious disease doctor and it was mono. No treatment but at least I had a reason for it!

Good luck!

Brye

I went through years of low grade fevers. I had been diagnosed as CFS some 10 years ago, and back then I would get the elevated acture EBV titers and the swollen glands and those odd flu like episodes that would come out of nowhere feel like a truck hit me and then would pass in a matter of hours (i.e. bed rest.) Don't know why they stopped, but eventually they did. Can't say I'm "better" now though. Because when all the fevers where happening and the CFS crashes, I was till fairly ambulatory and was able to hold down a full time job. My own sense is that it is just one more piece (like the years of IBS that preceded the EBV which preceded my current state of disability) in a line of signals that my allostatic load was amping up one by one my body systems were breaking down.

I run low grades a lot, and I don't run true fevers even when sick unless I'm really, really sick because I usually have a low temp. But if I have eaten, or am leaning a certain way (ie I have been leaning forward working on sewing, reading, or on the computer) I flush into a low grade fever because my body temp raises when I focus on stuff. :3

I've had low grade fevers in the afternoon - think I posted about it before. I'm not sure if it's related to POTS - I think it is - but regular people get fluctuations in body temp during the day too. I think a little increase in the afternoon is normal. The temp fluctuations may or may not be related to your increase in symptoms. So hard to know...

Hi,

What is your "normal" temp during the day? (how much of an increase is it?) In the afternoon/night hours it is natural for a persons body temp to go up some, but as to how much is normal I am not sure.

Also, as someone mentioned if I am over active, and overly stress my body, I will get this overall feeling of burning up temperature wise. It can last for hours, and is more of a reaction of an overly ramped up ANS/body going haywire, than something like an infection causing a fever. It is a sign that I have to rest. It is different than how one gets hot when working out etc, because that goes away when the activity ceases etc. I could get this reaction if I was outside with no coat and it is 20 degrees outside.

For the scratchy throat, make sure you are drinking enough. This may also all be your body telling you that your dehydrated.

Or does your job cause you to talk a lot during the day?

Hope some of that helps!

:)