Salty Bananas~!

poppetkazutaka

Well? What food do you add to your salt intake? XD

I am currently eating a snack of a banana that has been sliced up and nicely salted so it glitters. :huh: Yummy~! I think cheese would have been good on this. Melted chedder maybe?

I'm so wierd. I like to cook odd things because I get too tired to eat full meals. XD

We should make an autonomic cookbook. What to eat when you're flat on your back! XD

I haven't had it in a while but I like peanut butter, bananas & garlic (like on a sandwich)... and you can add salt to that. Salty avocado is great... they're pricey so I just have those when they're in season and falling off the trees here, for free.

I put salt on pancakes, add it to protein drinks, eat it straight (I steal little packets from places to carry with me... shhh, don't tell).

Like Bubba Gump Shrimp where everything is shrimp... maybe there could be a salt restaurant? "Steak 'n' Salt, Salt Kabobs, Fried Salt, Salty Ice Cream topped with Salt, Salt 'n' Chips, Salt Beer..."

Or "Battle Salt" on Iron Chef America?

I haven't had it in a while but I like peanut butter, bananas & garlic (like on a sandwich)... and you can add salt to that. Salty avocado is great... they're pricey so I just have those when they're in season and falling off the trees here, for free.

I put salt on pancakes, add it to protein drinks, eat it straight (I steal little packets from places to carry with me... shhh, don't tell).

Like Bubba Gump Shrimp where everything is shrimp... maybe there could be a salt restaurant? "Steak 'n' Salt, Salt Kabobs, Fried Salt, Salty Ice Cream topped with Salt, Salt 'n' Chips, Salt Beer..."

Ooh, I used to add salt to ice cream, too! I like salty fries with frosties (Wendys, I'm looking at you, XD)!

There is actually an ice cream place here (Columbus OH), I am not sure if it is all over the midwest but it is called Jeni's and they are known for having crazy flavors, like merlot, jasmine, chili pepper... anyways the best seller is "salty caramel". When I moved her and someone told me about it was so excited to try it... unfortunately I don't like it but salty ice cream does exist!

I love popcorn in a stovetop maker, "theater11," it's a pot with the lid that you heat and spin. Then I add my salt, AND IT MAKES THE BEST POPCORN EVER!

Peanut butter on pretzels.

pickles...

cucumbers and green apples.

mac and cheese with chilli.

beef broth several times a day.

I also use sea salt instead of table salt.

sweet potatoe fries...

BellaMia~

... I like salty fries with frosties (Wendys, I'm looking at you, XD)!

Me too. Good for dippin'. And Wendy's salt packs are indeed handy. The salt on the fry "activates" the super-frosty goodness.

I could probably buy salt packets at Costco or something... but I think the therapeutic effect from mild adrenaline surge of "slightly overconsuming" an item offered for free does me good... a limbal liberum arbitrium perhaps. :)

(XD is like LOL, right? Smiling face but not on the floor spontaneous laughter )

I mostly like to stick to my Gatorade for salt intake, because I never really used salt much before I had pots. Ya know, trying to be "healthy." I do eat cottage cheese because according to the label it looks to be fairly high in sodium, is a good source of protein and calcium, and easy to fix with any kind of fruit. I also like t.v dinners sometimes, again high in sodium and easy to fix. I think the Marie Collander brand tastes the best and the one that has turkey, dressing and green beans is not too terribly high in calories.

I like to eat Rold Gold pretzels (I swear they have the most salt of them all), and then salt all of my veggies and salads, but mainly I love salt and bread. I get these great cheese breadsticks from Trader Joe's, warm them up in the microwave for 10 seconds, and then dip each bite in salt. Salted bananas? Boy, I don't think I'm that brave!

Olives and Spagettios. (not together!)

One of the things you've got to watch with the bananas is the potassium. Sodium and potassium regulate one another, they will be inversely related. If you want to lose sodium, take in potassium, if you want to keep sodium, drop potassium. So salting a banana is probably a draw.

... I like salty fries with frosties (Wendys, I'm looking at you, XD)!

Me too. Good for dippin'. And Wendy's salt packs are indeed handy. The salt on the fry "activates" the super-frosty goodness.

I could probably buy salt packets at Costco or something... but I think the therapeutic effect from mild adrenaline surge of "slightly overconsuming" an item offered for free does me good... a limbal liberum arbitrium perhaps. :unsure:

(XD is like LOL, right? Smiling face but not on the floor spontaneous laughter )

XD is just another smiley like smiling so brightly your eyes are closed. :3

Olives and Spagettios. (not together!)

One of the things you've got to watch with the bananas is the potassium. Sodium and potassium regulate one another, they will be inversely related. If you want to lose sodium, take in potassium, if you want to keep sodium, drop potassium. So salting a banana is probably a draw.

I didn't know that! Cool beans~! :3

I also love Spagetti Os.

Firewatcher, you're so smart!

I'm so wierd. I like to cook odd things because I get too tired to eat full meals. XD

We should make an autonomic cookbook. What to eat when you're flat on your back! XD

Fantastic idea. Good name, too. :unsure:

Haha. Awesome.

This is definitely a topic we should keep adding to! I feel like I look gross when I just crank some salt from a sea salt shaker directly into my mouth, but I still do it when I feel sick.

"What to eat when you're flat on your back!" --- Salty Flatbread??? :)

I do love a good Paratha (or Roti or Naan)... and a tall cool Mango Lassi as a (probiotic?) yogurt drink to cool any spicy Indian sauce!

http://allrecipes.com/HowTo/Indian-Cuisine/Detail.aspx

But it is certainly not an easy cuisine to make yourself. For a bedside meal I just grab a Tiger's Milk, a couple salt packs, some NUUN water and protein mix (spiked with gatorade powder if I need sugar)... not gourmet but I keep all within close proximity!

Yummy everyone... I like this post..

Pretzel rods dipped in peanut butter~*~*~*~*~*

chips and salsa with a gatorade and ice on the blender served in a maragerita glass sprinkle in more sea salt and have a party~*~*~*~*~*~*

cheap mac and cheese mix loaded with salt open a can of chili and mix and you have chilimac~*~*~*~*~*~*

I mix salted peanuts, rasins, with a small package of trail mix, and sunflower seeds for a quick energy boost~*~*~*~*~*

I've even added salt to my coffee.(not bad)~*~*~*~*

cucumbers and green apples are great salted~*~*~*~*~*

cottage cheese I crave it with fresh fruit cut up~*~*~*~*~*

Got to go have some breatfast be back later with some more favorites~*~*~*~*~*

If you freeze you gatorade in ice cube trays it will keep you hydrated longer if you suck on the cubes, same with slushies cubes are better. You can make salted ice and freeze that also... I just have to wear glove as my rynauds flares really bad holding the cold glass or container. Bought an ice machine on sale, but I'm returning it and just going to just make ice in the fridge.... becareful ice can be hard on your teeth so get small ice trays.

~I used to teach "munchkin cooking for little kids" and it had to be simple and fast basically the same for us. LOL! they had a short attention span and we have a short time to stand~

xxx's

Bellamia~

Am I the only POTSY that does not like salt? I was raised without the salt shaker and on unprocessed food. I have to make myself salt my food. For me I do not crave salt like I would if I was exercising a lot or playing a sport. It is so weird to me to have to eat salt when I am not sweating.... I do like dill pickles though and I have started buying salted nuts.

I make myself drink salty drinks.

I had given up salt for years.... though I always craved a really good deli pickle or one from a country store in a barrel. ALSO, if someone else brought potatoe chips into the house I could eat the whole bag....

I love salted green apples too. Watermelon works with salt.

Just remembered another quickie that I tried before sleep (not for the syncopal hearts):

1 packet Chicken Ramen in 8 oz lukewarm H2O with extra salt added,

1 tbsp "Frost" flavored powdered Gatorade,

1 tablet Orange flavored Alka-seltser cold plus,

1 tsp Choline biterate powder,

1 tsp Creatine (optional)

"Frosty Orange Sour Salty Chicken Bubbly Drink" patent-pending :)

• 2 weeks later...

I love the gatorade margarita idea! Its perfect because you still have the frozen drink feel and even the salted rim of the glass. I think I am going to have to try those soon!!

Green olives (which I love) are very high in sodium, another good one that is quick and easy... I can't think of the name of the brand but I know trader joes and the regular grocery store sell it, is this little cup of soup type thing but its not soup I guess its more of a veggie chili and all kinds of other vegetarian soupish meals. Its a small cup and you just add boiling water to it but it tastes much better than a rameen noodle type thing. Anyways it has the highest sodium level of anything I have ever seen. Sorry that probably wasn't much help without a name!!

I also put one packet of salt per bottle/glass of gatorade. I used to do the salt tablets 4 times a day but one day I started vomiting them up and haven't been able to keep them down since then, for a while I would also drink broth like it was tea. I got the vegetarian boullion cubes, they take a little while to get used to as a beverage but they did help, and I always keep pretzels and salt packets on hand (they are in my car, my desk, my pockets etc) and I salt pretty much everything that I eat, I have actually grown to love salt and pepper on my salad!

Although I never USED to put salt on anything I would eat geen olives, crave to drink the juice they were in. Would drink salad dressing, vineger, pickles , the pickling jucie, hot peppers and drink that juice too. By juice I mean he liquid they all come in...I think my body was despertely trying to get all the sodium in strange ways I could.

Oh by the way have you ever had pepper on popcorn along with salt? I want some now : O , but my dog can only serve kibbles and bits and I've had it twice today.

I'm going to crawl out to hr kitchen and see what I can make fast as I need these flat veins to pop up so they won't use my av again and then i can't eat.

bellamia~

• 6 months later...