Update On Droxidopa Trial I Was Being Eval'd For

It'sMyLife

I have posted in a few different threads about starting a droxidopa drug trial. I have decided to update everyone with a single post instead of replying to the others individually.

Unfortunately, I did not qualify-the second time that is. The first time I was eval'd, I qualified but had to stop taking Wellbutrin in order to start the drug. So, I weaned off the med and then had to wait 2 more weeks for it to be totally out of my system-according to the study rep. By the time the two weeks was over we were about to leave for vacation for 1.5 weeks. So, the rep said to call back after we returned home. We got home Sunday night and I called him Monday morn. I got in for my re-eval on Tuesday.

So, after I gave a urine sample and gave two viles blood (and did a million-lead ekg in a freezing room) they did the standing test. At the advice of my EP, I let myself get a little dehydrated and also skipped breakfast. This was supposed to help me qualify. Well, upon standing, my bp spiked from around 114/74 to 180/104! So, I was thanked for my time and told they were sorry they couldn't help me, and that I would still get my check for the visit in the mail. Then, I waited an hour to see my EP and asked him for something to control the tachy. He elected to Rx me Bystolic. And we are both going to try to find out how I might be able to get ahold of Ivabradine. However, with bp's spiking that high, maybe I do need to be on a bb. The only prob is the days when my bp is around 98/70.

Well, I'm only on day 2 of the Bystolic at half strength and can already feel a difference. I didn't have a huge tachy event upon getting out of bed this am.

Sorry I don't have more encouraging news to pass along about Droxidopa, but I guess it wasn't the med for me yet. I asked the rep how long before he expected it to be on the market and he said approx 18 mos. So, maybe that will give some of you hope.

Thanks for the update. I wish it were going to be available before 18 months. I was supposed to be evaluated to be in the study but they closed it early so I wasn't able to make it. But, they hadn't mentioned anything about coming off Wellbutrin which is something I definitely would not have been able to do so I guess I wouldn't have been able to do it anyways.

Is wellbutrin contraindicated or is it just that it may skew the study results?