Anybody Ever Have This Feeling??

csnell325

Yeah!!!! lol I don't know how to explain that either. I mean, I get a lot of equilibrium problems...but it's as if my whole balance is tilted. Sometimes my head just wants to fall that way, too, so it can be dangerous. I don't know what causes this...dunno how common it is. Is it just a part of being lightheaded or dizzy? Dunno...

We talking about the same thing? Like when you get up from sitting sometimes it's like the world is tilted a bit, and it's disorienting?

Yeah. I've stopped short of full on vertigo (spinning) but have had bouts of lesser such feelings... things will feel like they're (we're) moving when not. It tends to be when up and about for me but has happened in other body positions too to a lesser extent.

Seems to have started happening briefly and occasionally during BM's... but I don't know if that's a pattern for me or a coincidence.

When I was evaluated at Johns Hopkins "dizzy clinic" back in '96, they gave we a long questionnaire to fill in, and many of the questions dealt with sensations such as was described in the OP. Obviously, the answers meant something to the ENT experts who dealt with dizziness complaints.

This sounds similar to what I have sometimes...but mine is a little different. Sometimes if I'm standing I just start leaning to the left and if I don't catch myself....I actually fall sideways. The most embarrassing part of this is if it happens when I'm walking........it comes on with no notice........and I start staggering to the left (like I'm totally drunk or something).... and it doesn't stop until I hit the ground. Its like everything happening in slow motion....and then boom....I'm on the ground. Its bad when it happens in a public place....lol.

This sounds similar to what I have sometimes...but mine is a little different. Sometimes if I'm standing I just start leaning to the left and if I don't catch myself....I actually fall sideways. The most embarrassing part of this is if it happens when I'm walking........it comes on with no notice........and I start staggering to the left (like I'm totally drunk or something).... and it doesn't stop until I hit the ground. Its like everything happening in slow motion....and then boom....I'm on the ground. Its bad when it happens in a public place....lol.

Yup. Embarrassing. I lose my balance really easily and stagger around.

I have this feeling too. I have it everyday, and it varies in intensity. I know that we have posted on it before if you want to search the archives for more responses. I call mine "proprioreceptive disorientation." I wish I knew what it was, but I often feel like the floor is moving like a slowly lulling ship or gliding, I feel like I am tipping, I feel like my body is sliding at different levels in my spine or my head is somehow "morphing"... I know it all sounds crazy! It waxes and wanes in me all day and is often one of my most debilitating symptoms. Someone else mentioned that it seems to be worse when associated with a bowel movement, and I have experienced this as well. I think that is must be somehow related with the dysautonomia - maybe it's related to neurological misfires or inadequate blood flow to the brain? If only we knew or had a way to decrease it!