Hida Scan For Gall Bladder

daisy

Well, I saw the GI Dr. yesterday. He strongly suspects gall bladder but now I have to go and have the hida with CCK done (no big surprise there based on all of your responses). My other Dr. didn't order it. Whoopee for me!

It is scheduled for next Wed. I have never in my life seen something drag out like this has.....there has to be a better way. So, in the meantime, I am still eating very little, having attacks here and there (but trying very hard to avoid them!) and lots of nausea. Now, I am having horrible lower stomach pains but that could be from stress...I don't know that the gall bladder would cause that.

Anyway, that's the update. So, another week until the test and then wait for surgeon consult and then wait surgery. This better be taken care of by Thanksgiving!!! I want to eat turkey and all the trimmings!!!

Good luck with the HIDA + CCK-- mine showed major problems and my gallbladder was out just days later.

I have lots of GI pain at times...been going through a flare recently--had upper endoscopy--which was normal. Now on Monday I have a 6 hour gastric emptying study at Temple U Hosp. I think the slow emptying is part of what causes my mid and lower abdomen pain...but I also think I have bile duct spasms that mimick my long deceased gall bladder's naughtiness. That's what was kicking up bad the past month or so, but paired with lower and mid abdomen pain (probably motility issue). So, maybe this next text will show what's happening (or in this case, NOT happening).

I hope you get answers from your next exam--and that you get relief from the pain.

Nina

Thank you for the replies - Mighty Mouse - good luck with your test next week....I hope you get answers.

For those of you who had an attack and/or nausea on the table with the CCK - did it last long? As long as a "regular" attack?

My attacks can last a couple of hours and I'm just wondering if whatever happens on the table subsides quickly? (Can you tell I'm nervous?)

I just know what happens to me pots-wise when I'm in pain or stressed - so it does concern me.

Thanks!

My attack lasted under an hour--by the time I was ready to go home, I was feeling relieved--and even kind of happy b/c my surgeon came to me mid-test to tell me it was already abnormal and that in all likelihood, the gallbladder was going to have to come out. I think he was startled that I nearly yelled "yay" but I was just so happy to have an answer.

If it is your gallbladder, then you will have an attack--but hopefully, it will be a short one that gives the docs a clue as to what they're supposed to do next

Nina

If it is your gallbladder, then you will have an attack--but hopefully, it will be a short one that gives the docs a clue as to what they're supposed to do next

Not necessarily (or maybe I had been living with pain for so long by that time, I didn't notice :blink: ) No attack during the scan & the test showed it wasn't functioning at all- forgot the percentage, but it was bad.

Good luck, Daisy & Nina! I hope both tests are dull & boring, but show what needs to be shown...

Julie