High Blood Sugar

kayjay

I just collected my medical records to take to Mayo... and of course i read them. I found that the whole time I was in the hospitial my blood sugar was high (above normal but not crazy high) also my my Aldosterone is high and I am anemic. 2 liver tests (SGOT and SGPT were low) Any info about this would be great. Kari

My girlfriend happens to be type 1 diabetic and she tested my blood sugar 3 days ago and it was 176 and 154 today. I told that to my doctor and he told me not to eat anything after 10pm tonight and test my blood sugar 1st in the morning and if its above 120 then call him.

Hi Kayjay,

I always seem to find mine is always a lttle extra high in the the hospital also. the timing of the taking of the blood has a lot to do with it. If they were concerned they would have said something to you, at least i would hope. I do find with my pots and my neuro/pots spec. told me that myself and other pots patients don't have diabetes but often have blood sugar problems. she just runs an ac1 blood test to check out my blood sugars over the past 3 months and it will give her a average blood sugar level and it lets her know how I'm really doing. Then we know if I need any further management.

I try to get my blood work at discharge and have a nurse go over them with me so I understand what is really a high and what is maybe you recently had eaten. Also to explain any other blood work I've have done. Just looking them up on the net you can find some good infomaton about understanding your bloodwork results.

good luck~

BellaMia~