Visual Dist. & Dizziness After Exercise, Pulse In Head

mancmm19

Hi All,

2 questions for you. This has happened in the past and I always attributed it to exercising when it was too bright out, but today- a cloudy day- I decided to go for a 30 min. walk. I've recently started exercising again and have gone walking 4 times this week- feeling alright after each one. Today, I woke up not feeling so well, with a dull heachache and general malaise. I thought by going for a walk I might raise my bp and feel better, but instead I got much worse. About 15 minutes into the walk, I started getting pains behind both ears (this has happened in the past as well.) I picked up the pace to start heading back home and 15 minutes later, I got there. As soon as I walked in the door and stood still I got very dizzy. Everywhere I looked and focused on it looked like was falling in. For example, looking at the floor looked like the floor was falling in, etc. I could see what looked like millions of particles traveling towards a center point in my vision. I laid on the floor as closed my eyes and could still see these particles in my eyes. I felt as if I was falling into the floor, took my HR which was 125, and eventually worked my way up to bed. It has been an hour and I'm still feeling sick, although my eyes have gotten a bit better. I've had intense pressure in my head behind my ears as if someone was standing on it. Has anyone ever felt this way after exercising- with the head pressure and visual disturbances and dizziness? I've been drinking TONS of water the past few days so I know I'm not dehydrated even though my mouth is cinstantly dry. Could this be a bp issue related to POTS or something else?

Also, lately I've been feeling my pulse throbbing in my head. It's like I can feel it in my brain. This used to be a bad symptom of mine and seemed to get better, but now is back with a vengance. I can feel it non-stop and sometimes my vison even shakes up and down with each heartbeat. Again- POTS related or something else?

I also have lyme disease and a possible autoimmune (slightly positive lupus test), so I'm unsure what to attribute these bizarre symptoms to. Thanks for your time!

i am sure it is possible. I think I have read this as well. While I don't have that, sometimes at the end of the day....when I am very dizzy I actually have to close one eye to see well.

I can't even explain how ill I can feel after exercise. I still try but I don't push it if I am already pretty bad off. It is just not worth it. :(

The pressure in my head almost always there. Today has not been a good day....I am not sure why. I think we just have those days. I am on my toprol and just took my hr and it is 123. BP is 88/68. So here I sit..

Good luck.

Erika

Michele,

If I get symptoms like yours after other episodes where exercising was okay, it usually signifies that I am sick with something else. My nervous sytem "knows" I'm sick before I do sometimes.

I've gotten vertigo attacks, shakes and other weird things happen if my body is fighting something else. It might not be obvious what it is, but my body knows something is not right.

Hope you feel better soon.

I get a few visual disturbances from time to time which seem to fall loosely under a migraine or seizureish sort of thing. I'm not diagnosed with this, as such, but it's a possibility... besides the inherent effects of hypo-perfusion (too little blood/nutrients/energy) to the brain. I too am sick of the D-word (rhymes with knee-high-nation)... there is certainly more going on that that!

I get such mixed results now-a-days from exercise. Sometimes I get a little improvement, sometimes I hit a brick wall. I try being really mild and can still get bit. If there is a hidden pattern to it all... I don't have the decoder ring.

Oh my gosh! I get the SAME thing! Sorry if I sound excited because boy do I feel your pain, but I have felt like the only person in the world with this symptom.

When the weather is cloudy, I get the intense pressure with pulse in my head and neck. Mine is not triggered by exercise, but just a cloudy day will do it. It is the most unbearable symptom I have. I hear a constant whooshing in my ears and head, and my head feels like the blood is just collecting and will blow. I also get the sensations in my neck. the symptoms were so bad for me that I moved from the east coast to the west just so I wouldn't have to deal with so many cloudy days! Crazy!

Also, when the weather is cloudy, my heart rate skyrockets, usually around to 160-170 at rest.

I am sorry you have to experience this discomfort. Unfortunately all I can do is share in your pain, as I too have no idea what the cause of these symptoms are. I am extremely sensitive, I think, to low barometic pressure, or sudden changes in pressure, and for some reason it sends my nervous system haywire. As far as the head pressure, no ideas. I don't experience at all on bright sunny days, and then super intensely on cloudy days. Makes no sense to me!

I get this too. Usually my pulse pressure is very narrow (87/80) I had my physical therapist explain it this way: All the blood is in your peripheral areas, attempting to cool you down from exercise, as well as post exercise venous dilation. AS SOON AS YOU STAND STILL there is no more "muscle pump" at work to move that blood into your head...and your brain is seriously without blood or oxygen! So you begin to grey out, see spots, etc. I'm not supposed to leave physical therapy until my BP widens again (for fear of passing out.) Try cooling down slower and don't just stop moving. Do your post workout stretches lying down as a cool down and see if it helps.

I am exactly the same, in fact, I had it today too. When I went to see prof Mathias, he told me that the vision shifting with every heartbeat was very typical of POTS. I get it a lot too, especially when I stand up/walk around.

You'll read on my post here today too, I tried to do Pilates this afternoon and ended up a shaking, dizzy, nauesous, visually-disturbed wreck! It is so hard, but I know I've got to keep going...

i think these happen to many of us after exercise when we're exercise intolerant. i know they happen to me..... google it and see as my dr said don't trust everything people will tell you on a forum as it's not alwalys right. some people will end up upsetting you. if your really worried I would just call your doc to be safe than sorry.

i hope all is well with you as today i'm very sick again. i get one good day and then pay for it the next.

payback really stinks.....

google it and see as my dr said don't trust everything people will tell you. they will end up upsetting you. if your really worried call your doc.

Blind acceptance of your doctor's opinion is also a concern. I quite often read people quoting their doctor's statements as fact when its often empirical opinion rather than demonstrated science.

Does your doctor's advice apply to his own opinion as well? LOL

michele,

do you break out in a rash all over fom the sun?

yesterday, i was covered everywhere and lft side of face and eye is numb blurry vision

it is back again today.

got heart monitor feel so spacey i can't even do anything to get up and try to challange it.

i just want to pass out.

my doc is on vacation and dr on call is not a pots spec.

my heart is bounding just laying here.

i'm going to crawl to the kitchen to get more fluids.

it is so very hot here.

i felt good yesterday and did too much.

payback gets me everytime....

blessing and unconditional love to everyone~

bellamia~