Does Everyone Here Get Tachy On Standing Still?

Nauthiz

I ask this because it seems like its becoming less of a problem for me, but my other symptoms are still there and new ones still come. My heart rate usually goes from 80ish sitting to 100 or up too 120ish on standing but slowly starts to normalize around 80-100bpm. However i still get swallowing problems(one of my biggest symptoms), digestive upset alot of burping etc, headaches, eye stiffness, calf/ fore arm stiffness. Can anyone relate too this? It seems like im getting more neurological symptoms lately and i am hoping i don't have MS or something, makes me scared.

Nathiz- Yes, yes and yes. I think we do have weird symptoms b/c Pots really is a neurological problem. The swallowing problems are very scary but I am much better on beta blockers and a ssri. IT took some time but i now longer have trouble with this. One thing to think about the meds ( I used to never take anything) they can prevent damage to your body and organs. The bb protect your heart. They are not just a "short term help" they can help preven damage long term. Doctors think that ssri can help "reset" your system. I have to say that after 4 months I am starting to have periods of time in the day when I feel almost normal. I used to feel like I was going to die every day. My resting heart rate was often 150. good luck

Did you ever do a TTT? The symptoms you're describing almost sound like fibromyalgia (sp?) along with chronic fatigue syndrome. I know they can all go together, but a positive TTT tells you a lot.

Jana

I would say I always feel symptomatic when standing still, but I don't always have a noticeable tachycardia. Sometimes I'll be standing, and I'll be feeling unwell, but my hr will be only about 90-100, or sometimes even as low as 85. I would say at least 70% of the time I have actual standing tachycardia, but then there are some times when I don't.

I do, however, always have some combination of dysaut symptoms, whether it's chest pain or fatigue or being out of breath with exercise or digestive issues. If you're worried, pursue it with your doctor, but I do think it's possible to "just" have POTS and still have the most troubling problems not be tachycardia.

Plus, I've found that over time I've become used to the tachycardia, and I don't always notice it. Whereas some of the other symptoms (especially fatigue!) I can't really get used to. It may be that you don't notice the tachycardia as much, but the swallowing - which I imagine would be hard to ignore - is more difficult to "get used to."

Sorry, just had another thought...Swallowing issues can also be connected to sleep apnea. I know there are several people on the Forum that also have problems with this. Might be worth checking out, especially if you don't sleep well at night and are excessively tired during the day.

jana

Even with my tachycardia in check (on toprol)...I have many bothersome symptoms!! :) Not the least of which is this diahrea!! I ate a big dinner .... by the time I was done I was running to the bathroom!! I haven't stopped....cramps...terribly sick...neurologist says all paret of the autonomic dysfunction probably...............so..I know there are many symptoms associated with dysautonomia...not sure how to re-regulate all of me............prozac seemed to help but then after about 1 month on it my body got used to it and started it alll over again... :(

Good luck...Erika