I'm even more abnormal than yesterday

MightyMouse

Okay, so my file at my gyn's office is getting fatter.

I have a 1.5 cm cyst on my left ovary which he thinks may have bled a bit earlier this month (I've had that before). It still has what appears to be fluid in it, so we'll repeat teh ultrasound in 2 mos.

My pap came back abnormal too--need to have a colposcopy (again :lol: those things hurt like a *&^%$#$).

So all the way 'round, each test came back with something. So, just a reminder to all of you, DO get your routine screenings (that's for the guys too, not just the ladies!).

Nina

Sorry to hear you have another uncomfortable test to endure. Ugh!

It's good they're going to monitor the cyst but still give you a couple cycles to let it resolve on its own. Ovarian cysts like the one you describe are very common (tho often also uncomfortable) but with time and hormone cycles, they typically resolve themselves. (I had a dermoid tumor removed from inside my right ovary 15 months ago--wasn't causing any pain, but couldn't try in vitro with it ... but BOY did I suffer from the painful cyst problem for months on end during fertility treatments. Those are over, thankfully. But I can tell I still will get them.)

good luck w/your test -- and yes, ladies, get those gyny checkups!

Nina,

I'm glad you finally got your results back and at least you know what's going on. Good luck with the colposcopy, they can be a little uncomfortable.

I've had abnormal paps a few times which turned out to be nothing. And a colposcopy.

I agree with you and Merrrill, re: keeping up with screenings. Pap and mammograms ( if over 40) are really important.

GayleP

Dear Nina, I feel for you. Both of my ovaries where cystic and "weepy", I had them lazered twice before I had a complete hys., including cervex. My familly has a history of cancer in that area and I really don't miss my periods. Though I would have liked to have more kids. I have 2 very healthy kids, boy 10 and girl 7. I also ahd chronic endo. which was also lazered twice. All of those areas continued to "weep" as time and each period passed. On the secord lazering, there was about a pint of fluid in there, at the hyst. it was close to a litter (very painful).

I send you good thoughts for a fast recovery.

Blackwolf

Guest Julia59

Sorry your having more trouble Nina----OUCH. Yes it is time for my check up soon. My last check up she told me I probably had a cyst on on my right ovary that cleared up on it's own. I told her I had some pain----and she said I was describing what sounded like a cyst. That is the only problem I ever had. I'm lucky to have had virtually no problems----with female issues.

All three of my aunts on my Mom's side all had fibroids------and had to have hysterectomies. One of them actually had surgery twice, because she later had a rather large cyst removed.

I hope things get bettter for you soon--I'm sending good thoughts, and praying for a good outcome from all of this.

Julie :0)

wow, a colp shouldn't really be painful. it's not fun, but i've helped with about a zillion of them and very few caused pain. it was usually the doc if it was, (sorry) i have had chronic cysts since forever the largest being the size of a golf ball sticking off it. ugh, those really hurt, so sorry you are going through it. the nice thing is they usually resolve themselves, even tho they do come back. good luck, hope it goes well, or at least better this time. morgan

Sorry to hear that Nina :lol: But...we know you, you'll get through it bravely as always and come out with a smile ;) My best friend has to have a colposcopy every 6 months because her paps are always abnormal, and she detests them. Female problems are NOT fun!!!

Hi guys. I'm feeling overwhelmed today. I know all my stuff is pretty treatable, but I'm having one of those "I want a new body" days. I dread the colposcopy--yes, I know they're not supposed to hurt that much, but mine do. It's been one of my wacky body things since my very first exam--My doc prepares a swab with lidocaine jelly for immediately following my pap smears so that the pain isn't so bad. I have a really bad vagal response and intense pain... and with the colposcopy, maginify that response. I'll get through it, but I know it's going to hurt.

I'm overtired and cranky, so here's to waking up tomorrow feeling a bit better (that goes for all of us--I don't mind sharing :lol:)

Nina

nina!

you sound just like me! i am always saying...can i get a new body? that cracks me up! i even put it on my birthday wish list!

but, unfortunately, new bodies seem unavailable right now...so until then, i guess we have to keep plugging along with the ones we have...

i am sorry you are having a day of feeling overwhelmed. i wish i had words of wisdom...but i dont! :lol:

so, i will just say i am sending you good thoughts and hoping that you will have relief soon from it all...and hopefully not too much pain from the next test. these tests all make me crazy...it's like "hurry up and wait"...i hate the waiting for the results, the next step etc. (sorry, i am cranky too as i wait IMpatiently for my CT results!;))

from one cranky pots girl to another...hang in there and i'm pullin' for you!

emily

Nina, it is one thing to have a yukky test but when we react so differently than the general population it is a real pain. I am sorry you have to go through this yet again. I'm with you on the new body thing. If it were only possible!!

All this week I have been in GI flare up and back on Gerber's (yum yum) and Ensure so I dream of the day when I can walk in the kitchen and just eat ANYthing I want!

Well, best not to get started on what we all dream about.....rest well and have a good day tomorrow. It is at least Friday.

Emily, hope you get results tomorrow so you don't have to wait through the weekend.

I have a really bad vagal response and intense pain... and with the colposcopy, maginify  that response. I'll get through it, but I know it's going to hurt.

Nina

Nina, if you have any Darvocet, T-3's or other 'big guns' leftover in your medicine cabinet, go ahead and take a couple at least a half hour before the procedure. Or have the doc write you a script dispensing only four or six tablets. Have somebody drive you if it makes you feel safer. Me, I only feel as fuzzy driving on opiods as I do on a 'brain fog" day. ;) But "brain fog" doesn't show up on a tox screen if I get in an accident, so having a driver is a good idea.

I am glad we are in America and our culture values better living through chemistry. :D

I think I had my first vagal response to pain with my last cervical biopsy. Is it a wicked, horrible thing that can come on 30 minutes or more after the test? Feels like an organ got perforated? :lol: I spoke with my cardiologist about it and he explained a vagal response. Eeew.

Hang in there, Nina!

MightyMouse-- Sorry you have to go through the gyn stuff!

This will make you laugh... We have a standing joke in our house that for any new doctor visits or tests, I better clean well and wear good underwear, because somehow they'll have to go through that area! :P From urology, gynecology, an anal sphincter EMG, to neuro exams for possible cauda equina syndrome... that's how it's been for me the last 9 months. Sore throat, beware! :P

Ok, all jokes aside... I was moved to reply because I, too have had some weird gyn symptoms the last 6 years--the time I think POTS/OH had been building, after two kids. A ski accident in Jan 2004 put me over the edge. Still investigating dystautonomia and spinal cord injury. Geez.

I've had two abnormal paps and the cone biopsy. The biopsy was normal. The overgrowth of tissue on the cervix they cryo'd off. My periods are getting more painful (POTS? oversensitive nerves?) and varied in flow/duration. And constant discharge that is not bacterial or otherwise "abnormal." The discharge gyn/urologist contend could be urine pooling and reacting with natural compounds in that area. I leak from neurogenic bladder (retention and spasming).

The pain response interests me, too, in that the last several months when all of my symptoms have really increased, my teeth and gums hurt now and then! At first I thought I was nuts, but sometimes brushing my teeth and flossing is painful. I went for regular cleaning a couple months ago and it was painful... actually pretty worn out after.

So, this pain response thing... is that common in POTS/OH/dysautonomias?

ginger

Not sure about the pain response being more or less w/ ANS dysfunction--I can only speak for myself. Generally speaking, I can tolerate more than the average bear. However, there are a few things that I don't do well with and for some reason, I get spasms in my veins and artieries when I get iv lines or arterial lines, I get cramping, spasms and vagal repsonse during pap (when they take the sample with that little bottle brush looking thing), and I get vagal repsonse during some dental procedures. For the most part, I'm able to get through it, but the most intense of the ones listed above is the gyn stuff.

I'm the perfect example of how unique we all are in our responses to meds. I'm exceptionally limited in medication options due to allergic reactions/anaphalaxis--all codeine products and relatives are out of the question. NSAIDS that are GI irritants are also out (motrin, asprin, alleve, yada yada yada)--I take Nexium 2x a day just to keep my guts at a dull roar. That just leaves me with acetomenaphin (tylenol) and ultram (tramadol) /ultracet (tramadol + tylenol). I leave percocet for the very last stand; it's does a decent job of relieve my pain, but I have a paradoxical reaction to it, in that it makes me hyper and wakeful. I also worry that over-use of any of these may provoke an allergic reaction--when my body is in one of these phases (like now, where my systems seem torqued up), I seem to have allergic responses to new things in rapid succession.

I know I'll be fine for my test. Even if I pass out, I'm sure within a day or so, my body will be back to it's own "normal" self, wacky as that might be. I'm just a bit annoyed with my body for not playing nice right now. BTW, I'm on my 3rd day of antibiotics and not feeling all that much better with the back and lower abdominal pain--wondering now if maybe it is a kidney stone after all? Hmm.

'nough of my rambling. Later all! Nina :P