Pots Is A Dumb Name In My Opinion

It is Dysautonomia. I don't get along with gravity. The problem comes from the medulla in the brain. Doctors understand this! Family members are different, I just tell them there is a problem with my blood pressure, of course some of them say it is her nerves, and they mean I am not sick.

Medulla of the brain? Says who?

Depends who you ask - is it an illness of 'circulatory control' where autonomic control is normal and has to deal with unusual circulatory demands (increased filtration? reduced cutaneous blood flow?) or is it an illness of disordered neurovascular control - dysautonomia? These questions are still being debated and certainly nothing has been proven.

The only proven conclusions are that 13% of POTS patients have antibodies; the cause of sympathetic excess is still unclear.

Or if you're in a mood you might try ... Its a relatively rare disorder, but based on the others I've met with POTS it seems to only effect highly intelligent, creative and compassionate people. So I can appreciate that you had not heard of it before.

;-)

ROGL Or you could just say," I have POTS. What's your excuse?" Yes it is hard to be nice when you're not feeling well.

My POTS symptoms (and many others) vary with the time of day so I thought it should be called DOTS - D for diurnal. I think that's more descriptive, but probably dumber!

I usually just tell people my nervous system doesn't control my cardiovascular system correctly.

Jesse