Update On Morgan's Surgery

Ernie

Hi everyone,

I just got an email from Morgan's husband. He asked me to tell you that the surgery went fine. The doctors' team and nurses were prepared for her paralysis attack and other health issues and they were able to handle it very well when it happened.

She is still at the hospital and might be leaving today.

Ernie

Thanks for posting the update Ernie, it is good to know that the hospital were prepared to deal with a paralysis episode.

Morgan - I hope you are recovering well and are as comfortable as possible. Get better soon! (Well back to baseline - you know what I mean!).

Flop

Thanks for letting us know..and thank her hubby to ok?

Continue healing my dear Morgan

Warmly,

Jan

yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am so glad to hear she is doing fine. and everyone was prepared. thanks ernie for passing that along, as i have been worried about her.

take it easy girl and get some rest, when you come home. :)

Hang in there Morgan! Teri and I send our hugs to you, and all three kitties send purrs and kitty kisses (Abbigail, Wilbur and Moja)

Hi All...Just a short little note. I am home. I had absolutely great care from everyone but the surgeon...good thing my primary was there for me! The surgeon said my gb was so packed with stones another one wouldn't have fit, he'd never seen one so full apparently. I found out from a nurse friend, when you have stones they are harder to remove. So when I woke up in recovery, after barfing my head off, I felt to see how things were and felt a lump the size of a softball.

I called the nurse and she immediately called the doctor, he had nicked something, or not stitched something, Lord only knows. Anyway, a lot of blood in the abdomen. It stopped on it's own, then I couldn't pee, and he got mad because people don't have to pee after an hour in recovery, and they cathed me got over 600 cc's. My capacity is known to be 125 from cystoscopies. Felt better after that. The sureon didn't order any potassium for me, said to watch my calcium....good grief, but Dan the man loaded me way up after the surgeon discharged me and wouldn't let me go till my levels were ok. First thing I did after I got home was pee blood and get a cold sore from where the tape was stuck to my lip for the intubation.

Called Dan, got antibiotics, got cold sore ointment, got anti diarrheals and now am just waiting for this humongous bruise to clear up and give me a bit more space in my insides. Am doing ok, am glad it's over, but wish it was a bout a week from now! Thanks everyone for your good thoughts! I am doing about like I expected, no real pain except from the things that went wrong! Par.....

Thanks for the letting people know Ernie! morgan

Hi Morgan, I get wicked bruises all the time... I use vitamin k cream (otc) to make them clear up faster. Help with under eye circles too (which are, essentially, bruises).

Nina

welcome back glad you got the trouble maker out.

Treatment of Hematoma

Hematomas that occur intracranially require immediate specialized medical attention.

For contusions (bruises), treatment consists of initially applying ice or cold packs a few times a day, to produce vasoconstriction (a reduction in arterial blood flow) which helps to decrease hemorrhage (bleeding) and edema (swelling).

In general, the quicker you apply ice after the injury, the less bleeding will result.

If possible, elevate the bruised limb. Blood will leave the area of the wound and there may be less swelling. Resting the limb will also help to prevent further injury.

If the area is still painful after about 48 hours, apply gentle heat with warm towels, a hot water bottle, or a heating pad. The heat is applied for 20 minutes at a time to promote absorption and repair. Since heat causes swelling and increases tissue fluid, which may impair function, hot compresses may be followed by cold applications to minimize the secondary effects of heat.

Pressure in the form of an elastic adhesive bandage may be helpful to reduce hemorrhage and swelling. If infection should develop in the wound, the signs and symptoms might be increasingly severe pain, a fever of 101 degrees or more, swelling with surrounding redness, and pus. If any of these signs appear, your physician should be notified to make sure there are no additional problems.