High Blood Pressure

flop

I've recently had spikes (I even posted on here cause I had no idea what to think!) but I had to stop taking Florinef because it never happened before that. Since About 4 days after I stopped taking it, the spikes stopped happening. Maybe it's because of something like that with you..Definitely check with your doctor.

For me, consistently high blood pressure, and still feeling cruddy, was due to my BCP. I was on NuvaRing and getting readings of 135/85, which I was really not happy with, but most doctors were not worried about. My normal before was 110/60. I'm off the Ring now and though it took about 3-4 weeks, my BP went back down to 110/60. Though it is lower, and does drop to 80/50 around my period, I feel better off the BCP. Not sure if it applies for you, but it's a thought.

Sara

Thanks for the thoughts. I sincerely hope it isn't the menopause as I'm only 30 yrs old (family average age at menopause is 57). I was on a combined contraceptive when it was very high last summer, but I have been on it for years, was still taking it in the autumn when my BP went low again and am now off thr pill but having highs again.

No sense or pattern as far as I can see!

Flop

Persephone - I'm still in hospital but can text and sometimes phone, also on MSN via my hotmail address.

(For those that are wondering I have broken my wrist and had it pinned under GA on Friday, now having lots of syncope so not allowed home yet).

Thanks for the thoughts. I sincerely hope it isn't the menopause as I'm only 30 yrs old (family average age at menopause is 57). I was on a combined contraceptive when it was very high last summer, but I have been on it for years, was still taking it in the autumn when my BP went low again and am now off thr pill but having highs again.

No sense or pattern as far as I can see!

Flop

Persephone - I'm still in hospital but can text and sometimes phone, also on MSN via my hotmail address.

(For those that are wondering I have broken my wrist and had it pinned under GA on Friday, now having lots of syncope so not allowed home yet).

Flop - Thanks for the response - Hope you're feeling better! I'm 26, 5'6 and 130 pounds so I'm pretty sure my BP rising is somehow due to the Midodrine since nothing else has changed in my medication regime except starting back on it. Just weird for my BP to rise when I'm so used to it falling when I'm standing.

Hope you break out of the hospital soon!

I was worried that my high BP's were due to the phyo .. and still have it back of my mind simply because I have the kidney issues now that are still unresolved, although I feel a little more confident that it is probably kidney stones as I have the feeling I have passed three .. I have stopped drinking bottled water and now drink tap water with a little juice in it ... hoping this will help,

back to the BP issue ... my sister has constant high BP and she has been on bb's for years, but was on them for blood pressure not tachycardia as she has a normal heart rhythm, she is also on the higher dosage ...

I am the youngest of four, sisters and I was the first to go through the menopause and they wonder why theirs was late, i had loads of blood tested to check for the meopause and results where through the roof somthing called the FSH ... also found out same time i had low thyroid this was the begining of the jumbled up chaotic state of my body .. and then i get POTS three years ago ...

my BP at the moment is 130/86 pulse 110 sitting here ... but I find it fluctuates all of the time .. when I get taken to hospital with an SVT the bp is very high .. when they put you on the monitors and do your BP every five minutes ... ( does anyone know why they do it every five minutes ? ) my BP will be very high for a long time 199/110 it will fluctuate in the high region for quite some time, a bit like it's having a little crisis ! .. When I was on the ward my BP was 95/58 lying down and they recorded it on the record sheets and put in brackets lying down. ! I am convinced that the hormones are playing apart in this .. although not the tachycardia, as I asked my doctors on numerous occasions could the menopause be causing all of the tachy and they say no it is an unusual case ? ..

Hope your better soon Flop ...

Tilly