Do You Get Really Pale When You Have And Eposiode

kayjay

Hey,

I have POTS. My mom and boyfriend have used that exact phrase for me too during episodes. Sometimes my chest flushes while my ears, hands, and feet are cold as ice! So cold my ears can feel like they are burning.

However full blown episodes are more rare. I'll get that sickly gray/pale look when I'm having bad days. I notice my chest flush when I overexert.

Yes, I have various changes - flushing, looking pale, even looking yellowish or greenish, especially if I have symptoms including nausea and increased bowel movements.

R,

I have the same...white hands and feet no matter what position I'm in - and they're freezing all the time. I'm also usually very pale. Do you know the particular form of POTS this is?

Thanks,

Jana

I have been told this same thing by my husband! I was recently at a wedding and it was very warm inside this barn type reception area and while everyone else was red and flushed from being so warm my girlfriends were all looking at me weird and asked if I wanted to go lay down because I was totally white! I found some air conditioning and I was fine after about 20 mins.

Sorry I shouldnt make those kinds of generalisations.

That being said, Low Flow POTS is characterised by paleness, cold skin, excessive vasoconstriction, low blood volume and either hypersensitivity or abnormally low sensitivity to alpha 1 agonists (midodrine, etc).

It appears to be caused by impaired metabolism of angiotensin II which results in potent effects on nitric oxide bioavailability - reduced neuronal nitric oxide causes sympo excitation.