Holter Monitor

I have been really thinking since my appt yesterday. I just am still bothered with the EKG results being slightly abnormal after activity. Then if I rest they go back to normal. Is this common in POTS?

So then I think back on my holter monitor way back in Jan. My hr was obviously very high. 188 ... I am 46 so tht is kinda high for me. BUT I had a significant number of ventricular events. I believe I had like 1100. I had a few bigiminal cycles and a few other abnomralities but I remember the nurse saying that over 500 ventricular events was significant. Perhaps I am grasping...

Is this common for POTS? I don't mean to whine....I just would love to find something that can be fixed!!!

Thanks,

Erika

I have been really thinking since my appt yesterday. I just am still bothered with the EKG results being slightly abnormal after activity. Then if I rest they go back to normal. Is this common in POTS?

So then I think back on my holter monitor way back in Jan. My hr was obviously very high. 188 ... I am 46 so tht is kinda high for me. BUT I had a significant number of ventricular events. I believe I had like 1100. I had a few bigiminal cycles and a few other abnomralities but I remember the nurse saying that over 500 ventricular events was significant. Perhaps I am grasping...

Is this common for POTS? I don't mean to whine....I just would love to find something that can be fixed!!!

Thanks,

Erika

Erika- I also have MANY ventrical events PVC's. In my case it is from POTS. You could ask for a stress test if you are worried about the health of your heat. I am 36 and wore a monitor for a month when I was in my late 20's. I had TONS of PVC- yet my heart is still healthy... I just don't have to do any cardio like the rest of the world!! HA HA - Hope this helps Kayjay

Yes- many times if I have been moving around at all my EKG is abnormal- I can usually feel it. If it is really bad it feels like a bird fluttering in my chest. For me my POTS gives me heart symptoms- but they are not lasting like they would be if I had a heart problem. IMHO because POTS is a Brain problem -I don't worry to much about the heart symptoms b/c as much as it feels like a heart problem ...it isn't.

A friend of my mothers has POTS and she has been treated by a cardiologist not a neurologist. As a result she has had 2 ablations -now has a pacemaker and is worse off then she was before her treatment. I don't know why I went off of the subject like this. My heart "events" are caused my my adrenal glands! I will also have High Blood pressure when I am potsy but normally my bp is good. I hope you are feeling better soon!!

I currently have an implanted "Reveal" heart monitor Dr. Grubb implanted in my chest to track my tachycardia symptoms over an extended period of time. I do have a very rare heart condition that runs in my family that we are also trying to definitively rule out. I have been repeatedly assured by Dr. Grubb that high heart rate, especially upon standing or activity is "normal" for potsy people. In the year and a half since my diagnosis, I have learned that an autonomic systems disorder like pots can cause all sorts of problems you would never expect to have. Just make sure you are sharing with your doctor(s) any time you get new symptoms, or if any aspect of your symptoms change. (IE increase in frequency, severity, etc) Hope that helps!

My rates and rhythms are goofy too. My 3rd attempt at an ablation is coming us soon, but in my case there is the whole genetic thing with rare arrythmias in addition to POTS so that is why I have them. It can be hard for the docs to work thru all the mess of POTS and the other cardiac crud that it hauls along with it, but IMO, it feels different when it is being caused by the different source. I feel like I can tell when it is a more potsie episode vs. a purely cardiac event. For me, it has gotten to the point that the pots stuff is kind of ignored, but when I'm having a more serious event, I can't ignore it. It feels very different.

Thank you. Yes...I most of the time I just calk it up to POTS. But I was just grasping....I would have hated to ignore something that can be fixed!! I have a history of neurologic/post viral illness...so this does make sense (POTS)....but I just wanted to double check with all of you. It makes me wonder annd want to make sure after so many months of being ill. :P

It was sure frustrating in the hospital too! I have to say....I never even dreamed that someone could get somethingl like POTS. I would have an abnormal EKG and be unable to walk more than 20 ft. Then I would rest for 24 hours...get lots of fluids and be better.....so i would go home and think it was just a fluke....try to work and it would happen again... :(;) i just couldn't understand it...like many of you all I am sure...

Anyway...just wanted to check on the ventricular event/EKG stuff.

Erika