dreading another sleepless nite

blackwolf

I want to give some advice that helps me that no one has mentioned.

1. Magnesium tablets helps fantastic for heart cramps and with sleeping with me.

2. I increased my heart medication recently to Inderal 180 mg. My heart cramps have improved amazingly.

3. I take Tripaleen at night for pain Fibro.. and three Panado's a day. My Fibro.. is better and the Tripaleen helps me to sleep. But remember I still wake up 2 to 3 times a night. I have never slept through.

My medication just helps me through the day, does not make it any easier than what it is to live with P.O.T.S. But I am grateful for the areas that have improvements.

Thinking of you during the painful time of your lives. Be brave you doing the right thing with your Brother. I wish more people in this world could be like you!!!!!!! :lol: When it all started you also went through a ruff patch with your health. Stress hits my body hard especially my heart.

Blackwolf,

Wow. You have indeed had a great deal of stress. What you have been through is monumental and the way your body responded - that feeling of "crashing" you experienced is more evidence of how one cannot separate the mind and the body. Even a totally healthy person's body would react to such stress.

Having said that I hope that over next few days your body will be able to start winding down from all the constant stress you've been under especially since you stated that your daughter is doing well in therapy and you feel like you are able to start moving on. Maybe you are already beginning to feel better - healthwise- and improving. I hope.

Glad you got some sleep- even it is drug induced- it's better to get sleep so that your body can start healing again.

Thinking good thoughts,

Beverly

Blackwolf,

I'm so sorry about all the events that have happened to you and your family . You have been though such alot.

I hope you find something that helps you sleep and gets you through this stressful time.

GayleP

Blackwolf

I too have found tylenol pm seems to help. I try to keep on a regular schedule as far as sleeping but when the rollercoasters on the bottom track I sleep where ever and whenever I can. I work on my routine when I am feeling better. The lack of sleep just makes me feel worse then I already am.

Good luck

I too have a problem sleeping at night not as bad now that I change from taking my celexa at night to morning. I had a sleep test and I also have restless leg syndrome which is common with pots and have sleep apnea but not bad. I also know if I don't get a good nights sleep I feel awful the next day. If its to bad I take MELATONIN by Natures Bounty it is only 3mg. is a nighttime sleep aid. I learned about it because my 11 yr old nephew takes it his dr. told his mom to give it to him because he takes what is similar to ridalin during the day and at night he can't sleep well this stuff works let me tell you. The nice thing is its all natural. It can be found at alot of stores. Price isn't to bad I paid $9.99 for a 60 tablet with 60 free. I hope if anyone tries this it helps them too. Let me know. :P

blackwolf...

what to even say, where to begin? i don't know...i just want to send you lot of HUGS.

i am stressed about having a guy here to paint the living room or stressed watching the debates on tv...it all gives me chest pain! and your stress is so HUGE...i cannot even imagine the affect that would all have on POTS....yikes! you are so brave and strong. somehow i missed the whole story with your brother and family, but picked up a little from this string of posts...it was enough to make my heart break for you.

also, i dread those sleepless nights like that. they are an absolute nightmare, i agree. i just wish some meds would really help you! me, i could not live withouth my ambien. i still don't sleep that great, but it helps a lot.

when i am in a really bad spell i don't like to be "alone in the dark" either and like to have a light on or the radio or something! and, yes, i couldn't live without my dog. who suddenly is extra-companionable during my last set of spells!

so, i just wanted to say that i cannot imagine the level of stress in your life...is incomprehensable to me...and you amaze me with your strength and courage.

i do hope that you will soon have some relief from your symptoms too...so, sending hugs all the way from PA to SD!

emily

Thank you all!!!!!!!!! the sleep aid only worked the one nite. I upped it tonite. I got about 4 hours of sleep in the last 36 hours.

Emily-yes, melatonin is a no-no for me, thanks though

Ling- yes I take the mag lactate and B complex already

We made THE last trip today to dig up what was left of the veges in the garden (onions, carrots and garlic, we also took one of the rhubarb plants). Didn't go in the house.

The norpace has helped with the tachy and I feel a little better that way. I am going to make one more request of my current doc for Xanax. I still am waiting for the refural to the gastric surgon to check on my weight loss options. Mabey I'll wait for that till I've switched docs.

Again thank you all so very much for helping me through all of this!!!!!!!!! :P:P:P;)^_^:P

Blackwolf

Hi

I thought I might share a meditation tape which a friend sent to me that might help you (or anyone who needs to heal for that matter). I just love this one.

It is called General Wellness by Belleruth Naparstek. One side is instructions with 20 minutes of guided imagery. The other side has about eight to ten minutes of affirmations which you can do at any time, doing anything. She says that affirmations are more effective for some people than meditation is.

Belleruth has many meditations available geared toward various health problems, including stress and relaxation. I bought the one on sleep but the General Wellness tape is my favorite.

Patti