I Think I Have A Cold...

I thought this was funny...my boyfriend says he has a head cold...asked me if my head hurt. I said it always hurts!!! I also always have a bit of a runny nose...specially when I am very POTSY. But I do have a very sore throat (sometimes I just feel liked I am being choked tho from POTS) and my ear hurts. My body hurts but really my body always hurts. More when I do anything...but I guess more will be revealed.

BUT I have not had any illness other than POTS since its onset. I wonder if this is because my immune system is a little overactive...not sure...

:rolleyes: Erika

I second what Cat Lady said - drink a lot of fluids! And take some Vitamin C if you can.

I must say, you are very lucky in that you haven't been very sick since your POTS onset. I seem to have caught every cold or flu going around! My immune system is not coping well :lol::rolleyes:

I used to get everything everyone else had but since POTS I think my immune system is super strong like Ramakentesh. Is it that autoimmune system being overactive I wonder?

Also, I was very tired last night (it was my sons birthday). So I slept a long time and pretty much feel my normal POTS stuff today............

Erika

its weird - id almost suggest that my immune system is super strong now - i havent had a cold in years and i never seem to catch them. When I do I always feel better. I have no idea why - and this is unusual for POTS.

Before POTS I seemed to catch flu/colds, etc. I've had a bad flu and minor cold or two...but nothing like I used to. No strep, etc.

Ram - be sure to let us know if something 'heals' you because we seem to have similar POTS issues. LOL

I seem to catch MORE colds and crud going around since I've been diagnosed with POTS. And when I do get something, it seems to take three times as long to get over it. I have a friend here in town with POTS, CFS, etc, who is the same way. I know it sure hasn't helped my allergies at all, though of course they're not the same as a general illness. I'm really careful to wash my hands often and to try not to touch handrails, door knobs, and other items the general public generally uses. I'm not crazy about it, just try to be smart and not spread germs.

Erika, whether it's a cold or not, I hope you're feeling better soon!

Cheers,

Jana

I'll be the first:

My worst symptom is exhaustion, extreme exhaustion, HR in the 120 when standing. Symptoms started in 1987 and have waxed and waned until 2005, since then it's been non-stop. I'm a normal flow stomach pooler, I get very bloated with any food or activity. When I'm pooling I get cold hands and feet ( never turns blue ) and I have postural hypertension.

Alright. I got POTS after a virus last Sept. I also had a previous autoimmune syndrome (guillain barre) for what it is worth. HR gets very high on standing...150+ on TTT. I do not have BP problems.

I pool in my feet....they turn red/purple when I stand. They are always cold. BUT...I do have significant nerve damage in my feet and lower legs from guillain barre syndrome which I am sure doesn't help.

Main complaint is weakness, chest pain, very ill after any activity. Headaches too. But it is probably the "sick" episodes I get after activty or being upright for too long that are the worst. Oh...and I feel ilike I have been run over by a bus...all the time.

Thanks and thats it for me!! :lol:

Erika