Limb Numbness and weakness

colejr08

I was wondering if anyone has experienced weakness, numbness or loss of strength in their arms and legs. I have been experiencing this frequently and am concerned that there is something more than NCS going on. Other neurological symptoms that I experience are severe headaches, slurred speech and memory loss. Thanks for the input!!!

I had that before I had my spinal surgery to repair a poorly healed ruptured disc. See my personal website for more info on that by clicking the "www" button below my post.

I'm not saying your issue is spinal related--some people have the symptoms you report without any known spinal or brain problems. It's a good idea to be checked out by a neurologist just to be sure.

Nina ;)

I have diffuse weakness and wasting in all of my muscles, but no numbness. My doctors are still working to try and figure out if this is something beyond POTS because it does not seem very common with others who have this illness.

A neurology consult is probably in order, if you haven't had one already. An MRI and an EMG would show any problems in this area.

Amy

I also have tingling, numbness and weakness. Also "undx'd". Still working on it. I'm hoping I can get some help soon. I'm trying to avoid the wheelchair right now. My left side is weaker than my right, esp. my leg. I have also developed large numb areas in my back. I'm also in alot of pain(all over).

Good luck, Blackwolf

I also get the numbness, pain, weakness and pins and needles effect. I would say my arms are weaker than my legs. Some days I cant hold Jasmine in my arms. I read some interesting information on chronic fatigue syndrome. Personally my doctor believes allot of it is the Fibrom... I know when my sugar is playing up then I get to weak to even stand on my own legs and my arms weight a ton. So which one gives me what when I don’t think I could honest tell you 100 %. I still believe the best help I have is the facts of all the diseases. Knowledge is power. After my last operation I battled with dead legs for a week and a half. My doctor blames the fibromy.... I don’t know how many disease you have yet? But read up about the common one amongst us. These symptoms can get very irritating. I hate it when my feet and hands go blood red and then burn like crazy. They must all be connected some how. With regards to what work, I don’t know? Just know you are not alone.

I went through months of feeling like my limbs weighed a ton. Then I was put on strong doses of GTF Chromium, and within 4 days I was able to tell a wonderful difference.

I don't know if it would have any relationship to your situation or not, but it's a pretty inexpensive thing to try. I used Nature's Sunshine brand of GRF Chromium (tried other brands and other forms, but they did nothing for me), at a dose of 9 pills daily (3 pills taken 3 times a day). I eventually was able to slim down the dose and right now I've been without it for a number of months and I'm doing ok.

I experienced significant weakness in my limbs when my POTS was at its worst. I also experienced numbness--this would generally occur at night during sleep. I also experienced slurred speech and wondered if I had had a stroke for that reason, as crazy as it seemed. I was also pretty unbalanced, and would bump into things when I walked (which I didn't do much of during that time.) The really bad symptoms all came on pretty suddenly after my c-section.

I had some minor headaches during that time too. And just general "brain fog"--like it took too much energy to think--I wouldn't characterize it as memory loss really, in my case.

The good news--these symptoms have all pretty much resolved.

I hope that is what is ailing you too (rather than something more serious) and that you will be on the mend as well.

Take Care, Katherine