Anyone Just Want To Chat?

tinkerbella

Hi, I've been wanting to just be able to chat with members online at anytime about nothing in general. A few of us have been trying to figure out a chat room. Most have video, I know I don't want to be video chatting in the middle of the night. Gmail has free chat, voice, and video mail with accounts and you can see who is online if people you email are in your contacts. If anyone wanted to do that and you would just need to set up account. Just food for thought, as it works real well if your in the hospital and and you want to visit a loved one and they can't get there. you just both need a laptop/computer and and video camera. Helps me being so house bound these days.

Other forums I've been on there is just a post where people can talk back and forth at all hours of the day and you can see who is online. I'm just wasting time today waiting for the insurance company to call me back as the cab messed up my ride the last time going to my POTS/neuro and I never made it, so now I have no ride. I need an emergency ride now. Would love times like this to just chat with my new found friends here who could relate.

Any others here just want to chat? :) maybe if enough of us friends want to, the The Forum will let us know if we can do it here in a post, or could create a chat room here. :rolleyes:

I know many of us are up at all hours of the night, but there are days like this that I'd sure love to just chat with friends also.

Blessings and Love, :wub:

BellaMia~

Chat rooms on DINET have been discussed in the past. We have chosen not to set one up here because we want DINET to remain a moderated site for the protection of our members. Having a chat room would require that one of our moderators be on at all times, which is just not possible considering that all of the moderators are volunteers with dysautonomia and limited energy.

You are welcome to chat with DINET members elsewhere. Facebook chat, like EarthMother mentioned in a previous topic, is very easy for some of us to use. I know that NDRF had a chat room in the past. I don't go there often anymore, though, so I don't know if this feature is still current or not.

Rachel

When I first joined DINET I got to know a few people through PMs and we swapped MSN loggins so that we could chat on MSN messenger. The profile page can be set to show your e-mail address and various chat loggins if you want others to be able to see your details.

Flop

Chat rooms on DINET have been discussed in the past. We have chosen not to set one up here because we want DINET to remain a moderated site for the protection of our members. Having a chat room would require that one of our moderators be on at all times, which is just not possible considering that all of the moderators are volunteers with dysautonomia and limited energy.

You are welcome to chat with DINET members elsewhere. Facebook chat, like EarthMother mentioned in a previous topic, is very easy for some of us to use. I know that NDRF had a chat room in the past. I don't go there often anymore, though, so I don't know if this feature is still current or not.

Rachel

Oh well, thanks for letting me know. One never knows, unless you ask. NDRF is where my POTS/neuro said I should go I think I'll check that one out.

Thanks,

Rachel :rolleyes:

jana,

just sent you my phone #. THAT'S HOW MUCH I WANT to chat. call me if you can. I'll try to find your # but things have been out of control. :rolleyes:

Love,

BellaMia~

Bella, I just saw this topic. I have instant messenger and ichat but don't ever use either of them... I don't think anyone would want to see me in a video chat in the middle of the night haha. Let me know if you guys figure anything out. Like I said many nights I am up wishing there was someone else awake to talk to!