Movies, Anyone?

Hola my Forum friends!

It's just about gotten to the point where I can't stand to go to movies lately. Is it me, or has the sound increased to a point that's ridiculous? I've even tried earplugs, but usually to no avail. It just to be one of the few social outings I could go on, but now I find myself renting movies more and more. Anyone else?

Cheers,

Jana

I haven't been able to tolerate a movie for years. Yes, the noise/sound, sitting without having me legs up, etc. are almost impossible for me. Renting movies are so much more economical anyways, so I've learned to just accept it and enjoy them from my livingroom <_<

It is hard to go to the movie theater. I can go on a good day, but that's all. When I go I always put my feet up the whole time. I get sensory overload often, but I can usually tell before I go to the theater if it is going to be a sensory overload day. Some theaters are quieter than others, and some movies are quieter/calmer than others. I haven't seen an action movie in the theater for years.

Usually I just watch movies at home while lying in bed, on the floor, on in my recliner. I turn the volume down whenever things get louder, then I turn it back up for quiet scenes. Wish I could do that at the theater!

Rachel

Hi Jana,

if i can go to the cinema depents on how i am feeling on that day. Sometimes it is no problem at all and on other times i have to leave or sit there with my eyes shut. Its not as if i go to see a movie very often, but if i really want to see one i'll go and try to see it. Thats how it is with everything in my life now, i just have to wait and see how i feel and then i decide if i can do something or not. Sometimes i cant do things because i cant tolerate anything that wires up my ANS, other times (sometimes a few hours later) my ANS is reacting different and all of a sudden i can do things.

carinara

i like to go...gets me out of the house....and like everyone else it just depends on the day. BUT I took my kids to go see TRANSFORMERS....this was a very bad mistake....crashes, banging, too much for even the average Joe, let alone me with POTS. I left my kids with my boyfriend in the theater. I couldn't do stay. It was funny tho, my boyfriend said "boy, I wish I could have left with you (and he wears hearing aides!)".

Erika

Good topic! No, as a rule I don't go to movies anymore. I was invited to go see The Proposal last weekend with some friends and I had to decline. I did meet them afterwards for a BBQ, though, which was fun!

But I do love movies! So just a few times a year, I'll go with my hubby to a movie. I've had to leave in the middle a couple times and he understands. I do take pain meds before I go, though, to calm my adrenaline and it's painful to sit upright with my legs crossed in the little chairs very long. Otherwise, it's not enjoyable at all!

Since I miss movies so much, we've invested in Blockbuster Online so I get a movie a couple times a week to watch at home!

hi..

i used to love going to the movies.. but very seldom no.. Actuelly diceided not to go for a while.. The noise is not to much of a problem 8and if it is, i av speasial earplugs.. My bladder is, i go on meds , but still.. and then the movie theater, to many stears, and i use wheelchair so..

but are planning a cinama room..=)

I'm planning on going to the movies for the first time in probably 6 years tomorrow...I'll let you kknow how it goes. Definitely bringing ear plugs. I'm nervous but really want to see this movie!

Yes, it was the hangover!!! The first 5-10 minutes were HORRIBLE for me - mainly the previews and the first part of the movie. The noise set off my ans big time. I just felt awful - my heart wasn't racing b/c I checked but it felt like it was. And I just didn't feel good....

I made it through the movie but I've been feeling crappy ever since (doubt it's from the movie) but I doubt I'll be going to another anytime soon.