What The Heck Is Happenning To Me?

Lately things just keep getting wierder and wierder. I went to my dr and saw the physicians assitant and she looked me over because i reported tingling headaches last couple days. She said i wasn't in any real danger at the time after neurological exam and said no reason to believe i was having a stroke. She then suggested i get blood work done so i am going to do that tommorow.

The headaches seemed to correlate after eating most the time. Later in the day they usually went away and i was ok again. So today bam, after eating lucnh the wierd headache comes back. So i put a bandanna on my head, because the pressure really makes it feel alot better, weird right? Anyways i start feeling better after putting it on and out no where my face feels like it has a rash coming on. So i get up look at the mirror only to see my face looks fine?? So i sit back down and right now my face is burning and stinging as if it has a rash or a sunburn with jaw stiffness and i feel difficulty breathing with lots of gas etc. I am so confused and upset and depressed i don't know what to do anymore! None of this stuff even makes sense! Sorry to rant but i just need to get it off my chest and feel better. I really don't know where to turn anymore.

Not sure but....maybe when your digestive system is breaking down food, there is less energy provided to your head and that results in a headache? When I was getting low bp after eating, Dr. Grubb told me it was because of having less blood and oxygen pumping to my brain due to digestion. Maybe you could try eating several smaller amounts throughout the day and see if that helps.

I periodically get the sensation of burning on my face. No rash. No discoloration. But like an icy-hot burning sensation. I tend to call it a "chemical burn" sensation -- but that's just to try and describe it to someone who is looking at me and saying "but your face looks fine."

I also tend to get effervescing sensations in my head (brain? scalp?) kind of like little pins and needles that come on in waves usually confined to one quadrant at a time. No pain. They tend to come in clusters over a few weeks or months and then disappear as oddly as they started.

Good luck on your own healing journey.

Hi Nauthiz,

I have read all of your other topics you posted, just wanted to let you know. I can understand your anxiety completely. When my POTS kicked into high gear last summer with burning skin pain (constantly on my face!) I thought I was going to either die or go crazy. I even started seeing a therapist just to help deal with the anxiety of my new and many symptoms. It is so overwhelming!!!

I replied to this post because I have a rather constant headache that gets worse with any upright position, heat/warmth, stress, and eating. I have pooling everywhere (arms, legs and abdomen). When I eat, blood pools more in the abdomen. I find it is essential to lie down for a good 1/2 hour after eating. I often have to eat lying down or the headache (usually accompanied with nausea) makes it hard for me to eat enough.

When my pooling gets worse, my burning skin pain is worse. Wierd, huh?! I posted in your topic about the rash on your chest and face that I get the same thing. It is a heat rash. What happens when I pool more (from stress, heat - it IS summer, etc) is my face starts burning, then it starts flushing from the chest up even on my scalp, and if I don't get relief soon I get the heat rash because my skin is so red and hot from the flushing. Along with this, my BP goes up.

Have you gone to a center like Mayo or Vanderbilt, who sees many POTS patients? It was so comforting when I went to Mayo to be seen by a doctor who looked at me and said I wasn't going to die from this, and that I might even get better.

Right now, it's about 75 degrees in our house, and I'm lying down with my compression hose on and my cooling vest, drinking lots with our little air conditioner blowing. But I went for a 15 minute walk an hour ago and it's hot, so I'm burning on my legs, arms, face, and even in my throat. I've realized these symptoms follow any trigger (stress, exercise, eating, heat, etc.). If I don't take care of myself, I'll be much worse off later... :unsure:

Hi Nauthiz,

I have read all of your other topics you posted, just wanted to let you know. I can understand your anxiety completely. When my POTS kicked into high gear last summer with burning skin pain (constantly on my face!) I thought I was going to either die or go crazy. I even started seeing a therapist just to help deal with the anxiety of my new and many symptoms. It is so overwhelming!!!

I replied to this post because I have a rather constant headache that gets worse with any upright position, heat/warmth, stress, and eating. I have pooling everywhere (arms, legs and abdomen). When I eat, blood pools more in the abdomen. I find it is essential to lie down for a good 1/2 hour after eating. I often have to eat lying down or the headache (usually accompanied with nausea) makes it hard for me to eat enough.

When my pooling gets worse, my burning skin pain is worse. Wierd, huh?! I posted in your topic about the rash on your chest and face that I get the same thing. It is a heat rash. What happens when I pool more (from stress, heat - it IS summer, etc) is my face starts burning, then it starts flushing from the chest up even on my scalp, and if I don't get relief soon I get the heat rash because my skin is so red and hot from the flushing. Along with this, my BP goes up.

Have you gone to a center like Mayo or Vanderbilt, who sees many POTS patients? It was so comforting when I went to Mayo to be seen by a doctor who looked at me and said I wasn't going to die from this, and that I might even get better.

Right now, it's about 75 degrees in our house, and I'm lying down with my compression hose on and my cooling vest, drinking lots with our little air conditioner blowing. But I went for a 15 minute walk an hour ago and it's hot, so I'm burning on my legs, arms, face, and even in my throat. I've realized these symptoms follow any trigger (stress, exercise, eating, heat, etc.). If I don't take care of myself, I'll be much worse off later... :unsure:

Thanks for all the replies guys. DO you guys ever get a stiff neck? Like throat muscles or something that feel tight or stiff? I hate it, i just woke up and my nkeci s all stiff.