Eye Strain And Tiredness

roxie

HI! My eyes seem to get tired a long with my body when I do things and I was wondering if anyone else has the same problem? I've really been considereing buying a kindle from amazon but I'm afraid that I'll spend the money on it and it will bother my eyes causing headaches and nausea like some other things have. Does anyone have experience with the kindle? Did it increase your symptoms at all?

~Bananas

I don't have a kindle, I like the feel and smell of books (geeky I know!) However, I get horrific eye strain and the headache that goes along with it and everything else. If I have been working for any length of time, I'll have difficulty refocusing my eyes and almost every night I'll have double vision. A neuro-opthamologist has told me it is early presbyopia (old-age-eyes) but I think it is more of an ANS thing. If I do anything that I have to concentrate closely on, I have a pair of glasses that have combined my normal prescription lenses with a +2 reading lens. It helps to ease the strain tremendously, my eyes do not have to work as hard to focus. :o

Gees i thought this was just me. I get eye strain like ALL the time, if I look at a comptuer for too long I can literally se its afterimage for hours and my accommodation and focus go right out the window. Every time a car goes passed my house it looks strange and stuff.

I also get a 'reading' or 'concentrating' hangover. Infact this was one of my first symptoms - if I read or use the computer late, or wtihin a few hours of bed I feel crap the next day. I thought this might be to do with melatonin but Im not sure what it is.

Computer screens apparently do produce enough light to inhibit melatonin relase. My Mum is always telling me not to use the computer in the evenings (no chance - it is the only time I am awake enough to read / post usually!).

Eye strain and visual disturbances. Have you heard of Irlen Syndrome? It is a problem with perception of light that causes visual disturbances, difficulty concentrating, tiredness, attention problems. It is thought that it may be the cause of dyslexia, ADHD, CFS, Migrane etc in some people.

This website is quite interesting reading. I have a friend with severe dyslexia (illiterate in his 30s) who is starting to learn to read with his pink tinted glasses (not really the ideal colour for a macho rugby player but they do seem to help him).

Flop