Iv Fluids

Hi All,

I was just wondering if any of you get IV fluids regularly, if so, how often? Does it make a big difference to you? I'm sure I'll be bothering everyone here more often, now that my Dr. seems to be fading off into the sunset....

Thank you for all responses,

Tommy

I'm aware of a couple people here that do this, and they seem to think it helps. My doctor doesn't believe in it, but I'd like to give it a try. Let us know what you find out if you try it!

I don't know about how much "improvement" I get from IV fluids, but every time I have been hospitalized for pots flare-ups the IV fluids are VITAL in order to keep my BP from crashing. I just had a doctor who thought since I could tolerate clear liquids by mouth that I could be taken off IV fluids. Thank god my mom was there to intervene, because my bp went to 70 over undetectable before she threw the mother of all screaming fits to get the fluids restored before they killed me in ignorance!

Before we moved north, not quite a year ago, I needed IV's a couple times a month, no matter how much salt I loaded, took florinef, drank gallons of gatorade and water, my body just wouldn't hold the fluids. So I guess I didn't make myself clear on original post. I think I was just looking for a reminder of exactly why I need this? I hadn't had one since November....but my husband can just look at me and tell when I need one.

Lately my Bp has been trending downward, pulse elevating.....so I went ahead and got one yesterday. I guess I get used to things, or ignore them...because I can tell a big difference afterward, bp & pulse head back in the proper directions (pulse still always on the high side) and my skin is softer(my feet actually start looking like prunes when I'm dehydrated) So- Potsgirl, if you can maybe grab an article or post from this sight explaining the reasoning to take to you Dr., it may help you. I have a girlfriend who gains nothing from it, in fact it does more harm then good. Again, so many differences and symptoms with this diagnosis.

Sandyshell, I'm glad your mother was there to intervene. These doctors drive me crazy with their ignorance of this