Never, Ever, Ever, Eat Bear Creek Soup

Maxine

Gosh, thanks for sharing!!!! My boyfriend wants to go camping and suggested we take this -- I was worried because I'm gluten-intolerant and although it doesn't say it has wheat ingredients, a lot of additives have gluten in them. I thought I might try it while I was at home, so if I had a bad reaction I could stay in bed/be close to a bathroom. But now I think I'll just suggest we find an alternative! We're "car camping," so it's not like we have to bring packable food. I think I'll just stick to things I already know don't make me sick.

I love that soup. I think depending on your condition, it might mess with you. I eat it when I am potsing bad and w/much salt added does the trick. Although, since my surgery in Nov. for a bowel obstruction I am extremely limited in what kind I can have. M

All I know is that I was with my usual POTS symptoms----tolerable----------------then went to warp speed with worsening of symptoms after eating the vegetable beef bear creek soup. I've digested taco bell eaiser then that---- :lol:

Fortunately it passed in about 90 minutes.

Anything that has a list of ingredients longer then your arm isn't really all that good for you. A nice can of V-8 with 700mg of sodium, and a small bowel of pretzels of 500mg is much better for your body when trying to up your salt intake.

Some like to eat potato chips, but they have only around 180mg of salt. They taste salty, but the sodium is moderately low in comparrison. the chips have a lot of empty calories. I love them though------------LOVE THEM. I can't keep them in the house.

Maxine :0)

Oh don't you hate it when you eat something unsuspectingly that comes back to get ya! I'm so leary about everything I eat and than, BAM, out of the blue I have a reaction to a preservative or spice, etc. and all **** breaks loose for a few hours. Lovely! I'll watch out for this one too... thanks for the warning :lol: