Anyone Had Success With Creatine?

Nauthiz

I was thinking about trying to supplement with creatine. I took this product before i got POTS, and it was a bodybuilding supplement that helps retain water in muscle tissue. Has anyone tried this as a treatment for pots? Im thinking about giving it a go now but for pots instead of bodybuilding lol. This is the product i am thinking about getting.... has good taste and i used it before pots...

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/clabs/mag.html

How is your kidney function? Have you had your serum creatinine checked lately? For "normals" taking creatine does not impair kidney function and only slightly raises serum creatinine, your kidneys make up by excreting the extra. I know I am the odd one with this, but my serum creatinine is high and climbing...which usually means kidney problems. IF you have low blood volume you may have a reduced kidney function (gfr) in which case creatine supplements are a BAD idea. However, if your kidney function is fine, creatine should give you more muscular strength and better heat tolerance. Just have your kidneys checked.

How is your kidney function? Have you had your serum creatinine checked lately? For "normals" taking creatine does not impair kidney function and only slightly raises serum creatinine, your kidneys make up by excreting the extra. I know I am the odd one with this, but my serum creatinine is high and climbing...which usually means kidney problems. IF you have low blood volume you may have a reduced kidney function (gfr) in which case creatine supplements are a BAD idea. However, if your kidney function is fine, creatine should give you more muscular strength and better heat tolerance. Just have your kidneys checked.

yeah it seems it should be ok i am thinking. Never had any problems with my kidneys that i know of and i did take creatine before POTS. No doctors ever mentioned anything about my kidneys either the last year i did have a few cat scans when i came down with this and lots of blood tests so i should be good to go i would think.