Short Walk.. And My Chest And Neck Nearly Exploded!!

mjan

Not sure if I mentioned this or not.. but on my little vacation last week .. my goal was to try walking. I have not been able to walk due my leg problems where my muscles tighten so hard they dont relax and I get muscle fatigue.

OK..start a short walk.. 5 mins in and my chest gets to tight with pressure then my NECK got so tight with even more pressure.. got tachy and it all made me scared to death!! I got back and took my BP/HR and it really was ok. It just took awhile for this tight tight pressure to let loose.

2 docs want me to see a cardiologist and have another stress test. I have had them and I pass but while I am on the treadmill my BP skyrockets and I feel like my head and body is just going to blow. I begged the doc today not to make me have a stress test. My heart work up was ok each time.

What else could cause this? My great PCP is not as worried as she listened to my carotids and they sound just fine.

I dont want a lot of testing.. the cost alone.. and I have had them all in the recent past.

Is this neck/chest pressure autonomic or cardiac?

Thanks Jan

Hi Jan,

Well, it certainly sounds like you've done everything to rule out cardiac causes! I have kind of a similar problem as you... whenever I do too much (usually talking), I get flushing episodes but my neck and head get red and hot and feel very full. My nose even runs, and the whites of my eyes get pink. In this case, though, my BP is usually quite high (especially the diastolic can be over 100). I think my docs are attributing this to adrenaline since I have a hyperadrenergic response to my pooling.

Have any of your docs figured out what's causing your muscle contractions???

I love going for walks. I'm sorry you can't go! I hope you can find answers as this must feel very debilitating! Take care, Janie