My First Ttt

Nauthiz

Well after suspiscion of pots/dysautonomia i had my first TTT today. It went pretty easily, did not pass out or another, just some discomfort when i stood up, some chest pain amplified by the tight strap across my chest. I did have a elevated heart rate and blood pressure which adventually went down a bit. My dr said i passed since i did not faint or have any SUPER bad reactions. But he said he still believe i have a some form of pots/dysautonomia, so he prescribed me to take .1 of florinef. So it looks like i do belong on this forum after all lol.

Glad you survived! Forgive me for meddling, but consider starting with a half tablet for a week until you see how your body adapts to the florinef. Most ANS docs start this one cautiously to help your body acclimate. Be sure to check your BP for high values. Take extra salt and fluids with the florinef- won't work without them. AND once you've reached your full dose, have your electrolytes checked. Florinef can drain potassium.

Let us know how it goes. Florinef has been a great help for my son and I.

Julie

Congratulations on getting through the TTT and on being able to post here the same day!!

I am on .1 mg of Florinef and it is helpful for me, but Julie is right - it will not work without extra salt and fluids. Good luck with it. Hope it gives you some relief of your symptoms.

Summer

I'm not currently taking florinef. I had to stop as my BP got too high. Be sure to check yours regularly! I take it intermittently as I need it. My last dose was 1/2 of tablet. My son is around 155 lbs and he is currently taking .1mg. He's taken as much as .2mg (when he was at his worst) and .05mg when he's stable. He always changes doses 1/2 tablet at a time.

I think it's wise to start with 1/2 a tablet. If you like what it does- I think you will- stay at that dose for a week, then go up to your full dose of .1mg. The florinef helped both my son and I eat better and have more energy. I hope it does the same for you. Remember lots of salt & water!

Julie