Request For Good Thoughts, Prayers, Intentions For My Dad

MightyMouse

Hi everyone, if you would be so kind as to think of my dad, Jim, he could use the extra boost. He's recovering from major GI surgery last month where they rerouted lots of parts b/c he had cancer of his bile ducts, gallbladder and part of his liver. The took out all the cancer, but he's started chemo as a "just in case" there were any cells left anywhere.

They aren't sure at this point why he is vomiting blood and passing blood in his stool -- the chemo he is on is only supposed to cause tiredness and some muscular pain & weakness. He was in the ER on Sat after not being able to keep food or fluid in him since Monday night--took 2 bags of fluid, but they sent him home with some meds and now today, he had to go back to the ER and he was promptly admitted.

It's been an eventful week as my Dad's brother, who is almost 70, fell off his roof and broke his back and arm. After multiple surgeries, he should recover all of his functions--but he's pretty disabled for now, and has home health care and lots of support of his friends and neighbors. He has no other family than my Dad, my sisters and me, and a few distant cousins. I live too far away from both of them (they're in MD and VA and I'm in NJ) to be of much help, but I am the closest of all them distancewise... everyone else is in places like CT, OH, GA, etc...

and me, I'm too wiped out anyway. Still battling my rotten right ear. I see the ENT first thing in the AM for another suctioning out of the disgusting stuff that the fungal infection has been doing each week. Wish I had my hearing back, and that my ear wasn't ringing constantly, but then I think about all my above ramblings and know that it *really* could be way worse.

Peace.

Nina

Nina,

I'm so sorry about your week and your father. That must be very frightening. I will include him in my nightly prayers, and you as well. Try to rest easy and take care of yourself.

Blessings,

Jana

Nina,

You, your dad, and your family are all in my thoughts. It's hard enough when you feel well to watch someone you love go through this sort of thing, and it's a quadruple drain when you have a health issue yourself. My dad recently had a heart attack and quadruple bypass -- and it was tough because I knew he understood I couldn't be there with him as much as I'd wanted to be, but it was hard for me to deal with not being there for him. Probably doesn't need saying -- but definitely take some time to take care of yourself while watching over dad's care. It helps everyone in the long run.

Thinking of you both.

shoe

Thanks all-- yes, it's been a major physical and mental strain on me watching all of this happen and feeling pretty helpless. My dad is also pacemaker dependent and has an implanted cardiac defibrilator too... his blood chemistry was all wacked out last night and he kept having episodes of a-fib and erratic blood pressure. He seems to be doing better this morning, but still waiting to hear from the gastro what the heck is going on.

My ear is doing better--the fungal infection seems to be improving, but my ear still hurts and is ringing.

I so appreciate any good energies sent toward my family. With love, Nina

Thanks so much everyone. My dad is home now--but they've stopped the chemo for few weeks because his blood work was so bad. Also, his wound on his abdomen is having major trouble healing, and the chemo was making it worse b/c it kills new cells. He was able to eat a small meal yesterday, which is great. His diet is now severely limited to let his guts try to heal.

I am thankfully off from work for the next few weeks too, so I'm going to be trying to relax, as well as to lose some weight b/c the stress of the past few months had me packing on a few pounds even though I didn't eat any differently.

Nina

Nina,

I'm glad to hear your Dad is home now, and hope he continues to build strength each day.

Your Dad, you, and the rest of your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Try to take advantage of these few weeks off-----------rest, rest, rest.

HUGS,

Maxine :0)