What Vitamins And Supplements Have Helped You?

Nauthiz

Im trying too find what has helped people in the vitamin and supplement department.

Things that help somewhat

Whole food Multis give me a bit more energy(nature's way)

Probiotics have helped my stomach a bit(country life)

Elderberry lozenges for the throat pain(ricola)

Things that i haven't noticed any differences from:

Vitamin D

Fish Oil

Digestive Enzymes

Quercetin

I've really found vitamins and supplements to be as helpful as my prescription medication, so I think this is a great topic.

Here's what helps me:

B-complex: helps A LOT with energy (so much so that I can't take it before bed or it will keep me awake!) and helps some with bradycardia

Magnesium: Helps a lot with palpitations -- if I don't take it for a few days I notice a HUGE difference. Also helps with tachycardia.

Vitamin D: has made a huge difference in my sleep and my blood-glucose regulation. I was having wild BG swings and crashes, and I also had horrible insomnia. With the D, I wake up at most twice in the night (instead of six or eight times) and everything about my blood sugar/insulin is now normal. However, I had an actual D deficiency, diagnosed by my doc. I have no idea if this would have been as helpful if I had normal levels of D and just added more.

Zinc: Zinc seems to help me with brain fog, although its effect isn't as noticeable as the other three.

Here's what I've tried that hasn't helped me:

Turmeric: gave me such awful, painful stomach aches that I couldn't take it enough to notice any benefit

Vitamin E: had no bad side effects, but I didn't notice any improvement, either.

Omega 3 fatty acids: I may continue taking these just because they say they're good for your health in general, and I'm a vegetarian so I don't really get them through my diet, but I took them religiously for 6 months and really didn't notice anything different in terms of my POTS symptoms or my mood.

I've really found vitamins and supplements to be as helpful as my prescription medication, so I think this is a great topic.

Here's what helps me:

B-complex: helps A LOT with energy (so much so that I can't take it before bed or it will keep me awake!) and helps some with bradycardia

Magnesium: Helps a lot with palpitations -- if I don't take it for a few days I notice a HUGE difference. Also helps with tachycardia.

Vitamin D: has made a huge difference in my sleep and my blood-glucose regulation. I was having wild BG swings and crashes, and I also had horrible insomnia. With the D, I wake up at most twice in the night (instead of six or eight times) and everything about my blood sugar/insulin is now normal. However, I had an actual D deficiency, diagnosed by my doc. I have no idea if this would have been as helpful if I had normal levels of D and just added more.

Zinc: Zinc seems to help me with brain fog, although its effect isn't as noticeable as the other three.

Here's what I've tried that hasn't helped me:

Turmeric: gave me such awful, painful stomach aches that I couldn't take it enough to notice any benefit

Vitamin E: had no bad side effects, but I didn't notice any improvement, either.

Omega 3 fatty acids: I may continue taking these just because they say they're good for your health in general, and I'm a vegetarian so I don't really get them through my diet, but I took them religiously for 6 months and really didn't notice anything different in terms of my POTS symptoms or my mood.

What b-complex do you take? I just ordered Nature's way b-50 complex to try for energy plus i heard it is good for your nerves.

How much VIT-D do you take?

I take "Nature Made Super B-complex," and the amounts are as follows: Thiamin 100 mg; Riboflavin 20 mg; Niacin 25 mg; B6 2 mg; Folic Acid 400 mcg; B12 15 mcg; Biotin 30 mcg; and Pantothenic Acid 5.5 mg.

When I first started taking this B-complex, it turned my urine florescent yellow (I know, TMI....), which meant my body wasn't absorbing a lot of it. But after I took it religiously for a month, this stopped happening, and now I think I absorb it better because my body

I take 2000 IU's of Vitamin D daily. I've tried taking less and it did nothing, and I also tried taking the mega-doses weekly or monthly, and those didn't make me feel good.

You probably already do this, but whenever I try a new supplement I make sure I only try one at a time, and try to keep the rest of the variables in my life as normal as possible for a period of time, so I know if it's really helping or not.

I take "Nature Made Super B-complex," and the amounts are as follows: Thiamin 100 mg; Riboflavin 20 mg; Niacin 25 mg; B6 2 mg; Folic Acid 400 mcg; B12 15 mcg; Biotin 30 mcg; and Pantothenic Acid 5.5 mg.

When I first started taking this B-complex, it turned my urine florescent yellow (I know, TMI....), which meant my body wasn't absorbing a lot of it. But after I took it religiously for a month, this stopped happening, and now I think I absorb it better because my body

I take 2000 IU's of Vitamin D daily. I've tried taking less and it did nothing, and I also tried taking the mega-doses weekly or monthly, and those didn't make me feel good.

You probably already do this, but whenever I try a new supplement I make sure I only try one at a time, and try to keep the rest of the variables in my life as normal as possible for a period of time, so I know if it's really helping or not.

haha yeah i know what you mean about urine color my multi does that. I hope to get my b vitamin soon t try out. I almost doing d-2000 ui a day also but i just started again to see if i notice anything.

One supplement that really helps me is called Relora. It supports your adrenal glands. I'm a little less tired with Relora. I also sleep better.....it helps me not feel so "wired tired." When I overdo it I get really chilled and stressed totally wasted. Relora helps lessen that feeling some. It also helps me keep from going down hill so fast when I am under stress.

I notice my symptoms are worse when I go off Relora.