Arthritis

I am just wondering if anyone else here, in the course of their illness, experienced an acute, and short lived (like a few months) bout of arthritis?

Several months after becoming sick, I developed serious arthritis in my finger joints, with these really really painful subcutaneous lumps the size of peas on a few of the joints. This lasted for a few months, then just went away as quickly as it came. Never returned. My doctors never suspected rheumatoid arthritis.

This seems atypical for POTS/dysautonomia, so I'm just wondering if anyone else has experience this?

[Yes, I got those bumps when I first came down with POTS symptoms a few years ago, but I had a long list of more pressing medical issues and never got them investigated. My finger joints were painful too. It lasted maybe 6 months? They were painful little lumps on the palm side of my finger joints, maybe 3 of them. I forgot about them until you mentioned it in your post.

It does sound just like RA, and looked like it too, but after three months, it went away and never returned. That was over a year and a half ago. My doctors told me that this does not happen with RA. And from what I have read about it, I have never found anything that said RA can just disappear and not return.

Thankful, what was the trigger of your POTS do you know? Did you have a virus or have you been diagnosed with any?