Anyone Use An Omron Bp Monitor With Comfit Band?

I cannot decide which monitor to buy. I really think I would be fine with the soft, d-ring cuff. But, the next model up comes with an AC adapter and storage case which I want. It also has the Comfit (molded) cuff and I think I remember using them on my patients in the past (dental office) and for small arms (like mine) they could be hard to tighten down. LMK your thoughts! (Soon if possible, :blink: )

Thank you for the replies.

The only reason I'm not getting a wrist monitor is because the first thing my doc said was to get a good bp monitor and not a wrist one when he told me to start taking my bp daily.

I went to Rite Aid and tried on the Comfit cuff by Omron and it actually wasn't too bad. So, I'm gonna get on Amazon and get the same monitor that cuff was on for $40 less than what the stores want. It's highway robbery!

Thanks again!

I have an Omron arm BP machine with the standard cuff. Medically the BP should always be taken using a cuff above the elbow and with the cuff level with the heart. This is because that is how BP machines are calibrated.

Wrist BP monitors have a mathematical algorhythm built in to compensate for the fact that the measurement is being taken further down the arm where the pressure will be lower. However it is much harder to position the wrist correctly to get a really acurate reading.

When choosing wrist vs arm BP cuff you have to balance the size of the machine vs the acuracy of the BP readings.

Flop

I got the top of the line model that comes with computer soft wear program to take all your readings to your doctor or email pdf files to the doc.

the cuff seems to work on all sizes of arms and auto inflates. i got mine at amazom.com for a great deal

I first got there pump model at the drug store as my blood pressure monitor broke. I wasn't happy with that but they said i could return it within 30 days. It cost me about 15 dollars more for the best model on amazon with free shipping. I love it and it's the only one my doctor trusts.

it has two users and i use 1 for standing and 2 for sitting. holds 88 readings complete i think my son told me when he set it for me.

my last one was a waste of money and a piece of crap.

good luck