this forum is a blessing :)

Mary

Hi everyone,

I usually visit the forum now and again. I read the posts and threads and feel the connection we all share. I myself am not as bad off as many others I read about here, but having POTS has definitely had an impact on my life.

When saying my prayers, I ask to have POTS taken from me. I still don't know the cause of mine. Marriage breakup + near anorexia are my guess. My PCP seems to believe in time it could and may go away.

I get so frustrated on a daily basis. Any exertion and I have to nap. I do work 36 hours a week and recoupe the rest of the time... just to be able to get back to work.

I sometimes feel lazy but reassure myself that if I don't take care, then things will only get worse. I am so used to going, going, going and doing...

I have a son and a daughter. They are great kids and understand the best they are able at their ages. I do the best for them and more when I am up to it. They are great helpers and understand when I have to say no.

Before my diagnosis I could be active 24/7 and then some. Now my pleasure comes after my responsibilities and it never all gets done. Even driving, which I truly love is exhausting.

I want to give credit to all the family and friends of the posters here, who are able to understand and stand by their loved ones. Believing in an unseen illness is unconditional love to me.

I am fortunate to have my 2 beautiful children and a life partner who totally believes, understands and encourages me to take good care of myself.

All I (we) can do is take one day at a time and keep on coming back here for the love and support this forum provides.

After playing catch up with all the posts tonight, I didn't feel I had anything to add, so instead I wanted to share my feeling about this forum being a blessing.

Take care and keep up the great posts. Mary happy.gif

me too. sorry you are having a rough time and hope it does clear up as things smooth out for you. anything stressful can certainly affect our health and having been through a divorce a zillion (that's for you emily) years ago, i totally understand. i weighed 75 pounds the day it was final. but i went on to work for a zillion years till last year. so it can get better. keep your chin up!!! morgan the masterful weenie (who hates p.t. by the way) :ph34r:

Mary,

I found your post very touching especially where you gave credit to all our families and friends because that's my daily struggle. In taking good care of me they (my husband and two very very sweet boys) sometimes have to do things they don't want to do at that moment or things they wouldn't want to do at all. Still they take very good care of me. I know sometimes that's very hard for them and that makes it so hard for me to ask, because I really would do all those things for them. I try to make it up in giving them extra attention in playing a game or just in talking or being there for them. So it made me glad you thought of this and knowing we are not alone helps (in fact I don't understand that, beause I really don't want others to have the problems we have!).

Hope you understand what I'm trying to say, brain fog doesn't make my life easier these days :ph34r: .

Corina