try midodrine again?

Radha

i tried midodrine few years back, with no relief, BP didnt increase at all, was wondering if it was worth trying again, or if it didnt help before, then does that mean it wont help ever? and what dose do all of you take? i kept increasing but no help, thanks

radha

I would think it could be to your benefit to try it once more. Our bodies are constantly changing, and so does the need for medication adjustments. What dose did you take before?

I guess that everyone is different on Midodrine. I tried a few different doses before I found what works for me. I take 5mg every 4 hours when not doing anything but 5mg every 2 hours when doing stuff. I top out at 40mgs a day. Anymore and I get bad headaches and ringing ears(more than normal).

Good luck, I hope you find something that works.

Blackwolf

Radha,

Hey, It's Lisa! I would go for it! It helps me so much. I take 10mg's 3 times a day. Please let us know what you decide.

Have a great day!

Lisa

I was on midodrine a few months ago but stopped because it is way too expensive. It didn't work in getting me out of my wheelchair so my neuro wanted me to try a few others things first. Being on midodrine made me feel a little better. Didn't make me walk any longer but helped a lot with dizziness etc. and raising bp. When I have tried everything that's on my neuro's list and nothing makes me feel better I might go back to midodrine and try to buy it abroad (when that's allowed and cheaper ofcourse).

Good luck on your decision.

Corina

midodrine promotes vasoconstriction--so it makes the blood vessels more firm, typically this would raise bp. However, if you have low blood volume, it might not work well...kind of like trying to squeeze the garden hose to shoot at the top floor (your brain) when you don't have enough water flowing in the hose to begin with. No matter how hard you squeeze it, it wont work.

Another option might just be that your body doesn't respond well to the particular medication. There is always some variation in how each person's body reacts. Mine is supersensitive to midodrine, but other meds don't do anything for me, and some do the opposite of what they do to others. For example, percocet does work for my pain, but also makes me very awake. Most other people nodd right off to sleep on that stuff.

As for trying again, couldn't hurt-- midodrine is very short acting, so if you don't do well on it, its all out of your system in 4 hours or so.

Nina