I got my disability answer today

I receieved my letter from social security regarding my disability today and they told me I was approved medically but they would be sending me a second letter to let me know if I would be approved non-medically. What does this mean?????? So medically I can't work but non-medically? Is this the thing about supposing to work so many quarters a year? If that is the case I worked over 19 years of full time, shouldn't that qualify me? Now I am worried again. Also they say that my disability started in Feb 2004, how can they say that when I was diagnosed Oct of 2003? Well at least I have been approved medically although I have no idea what to expect now?????

Paige

Blackwolf,

I haven't worked at all since Feb 2004. I worked a few days the first part of Feb. I had not worked full time since Aug 2003. I was scheduled full time but due to my illness I had numerous absents for those next 6 months. I averaged maybe a total of 14 days a month. Then after those few days in Feb. my body decided it couldn't do it anymore. I guess that is what they went by since I did work in Feb.

Paige

About the case person. In the letter I recieved it stated to wait until I recieve my second notice before I call so they could help me better. I probably won't wait. Filling out the claims form, the part about how this illness has changed your life, I left nothing out. I explained everything that was changed. I gave them the information and scenerio from my worst day. My letter said my medical disability was approved due to my dysautonomia, (my doctor never made a formal diagnosis of POTS or NCS although he did tell me verballyand I also had a positive TTT) and they included that I had also stated I had periods of fainting and dizzyness especially after standing for awhile, shortness of breath, constant fatigue, leg pain, unclear thinking and fast heart rate. After all that it said that after reveiewing my medical records and statements given about my condition I was approved disabled. The only statements I could think they would have read would have been from my previous boss that had observed me passing out a few times at work and the debilitating change I was going thru, I had worked for her for many years so she was aware of the drastic change that this illness was bringing on me. Also I believe my doctor had probably in his chart how severe I was at time due to some of my office visits with him I was barely able to communicate (because of unclear thinking and fatigue). I told plainly in my paper how I went from being a nurse, mother and wife to being homebound, bedbound etc due to all the above. I tried to really leave nothing out. I never made stuff up nor lied........if you are like me and the most of us there is no reason to. Of course all this doesn't happen to me every day but it does more than not and I am definintely unable to work. Sorry I got off track, after they stated all that in the letter then they stated that they find me disabled. I hope this helped.

Paige

The reason they probably say that your disability didn't start until Feb 2004 is because they go by the date that you filed disability not when you got diagnosed. Is Feb 2004 when you applied for disability? That is what my case worker told me. Congratulations for getting approved!!

Jaime