For The Weight Gainers---i'm Going To Try Alli

Hey guys,

I have been getting kind of desperate lately because I'm been packing on the pounds big time just these past few weeks. It's kind of scaring me, like I've lost control of my metabolism.

I guess the truth is, I'm not moving around at -all- because I haven't felt well enough. So every meal I eat never gets "used" by my body. I don't eat that much I guess, but it is definitely too much for my energy output and it is the wrong kinds of food. Healthy food, but extremely high in fat. Fat content isn't always bad because it is fuel that gets burned pretty quickly throughout the day, but only if you are active, and I am certainly not.

So I read the reviews on Amazon.com about a fat-blocking diet pill called Alli. It doesn't have caffeine or anything that will help you LOSE weight, it'll just block fat while you are dieting so that you won't gain any MORE weight. The only real side-effect that seems to effect most people is loose stools after you eat---supposedly you can actually see the fat and oil in the toilet. The less fat you eat, the less oil/fat and loose stools in the toilet. It is also the bestselling diet pill on amazon, so that's a good sign I think.

I'm pretty sure that once I start physical therapy and exercise, I will lose lots of weight pretty quickly, but I will -never- change my diet because it's already pretty healthy and I NEED to eat frequently. I have a combination of stomach ulcers, and extreme sensitivity to hunger, and I just need a lot of food to feel better when I stand up. If I stand up on an empty stomach, the word "weak" barely describes how horribly starving I feel. I feel like death itself if I don't have something in my stomach at all times. I'm thinking that at least with taking Alli, my body won't store some of my intake (25% in fact, according to Alli). Maybe it'll make my diet a little more "normal" when it comes to how much my body is using and storing.

Any cautions or advice? Anyone else try Alli or know anyone with positive or negative results? I didn't consult my doctor, but has anyone asked their doc about fat-blocking pills before?

Keep in mind that fat-blocking pills are completely different compared to diet pills---sometimes diet pills have caffeine and other things that us Potsy people wouldn't be able to handle, and it obviously wouldn't be healthy for our bodies. But Alli is completely different and I have high hopes.

I'll let you know how I handle it in case any of you were wanting to try it in the future =)

Hey guys,

I have been getting kind of desperate lately because I'm been packing on the pounds big time just these past few weeks. It's kind of scaring me, like I've lost control of my metabolism.

I guess the truth is, I'm not moving around at -all- because I haven't felt well enough. So every meal I eat never gets "used" by my body. I don't eat that much I guess, but it is definitely too much for my energy output and it is the wrong kinds of food. Healthy food, but extremely high in fat. Fat content isn't always bad because it is fuel that gets burned pretty quickly throughout the day, but only if you are active, and I am certainly not.

So I read the reviews on Amazon.com about a fat-blocking diet pill called Alli. It doesn't have caffeine or anything that will help you LOSE weight, it'll just block fat while you are dieting so that you won't gain any MORE weight. The only real side-effect that seems to effect most people is loose stools after you eat---supposedly you can actually see the fat and oil in the toilet. The less fat you eat, the less oil/fat and loose stools in the toilet. It is also the bestselling diet pill on amazon, so that's a good sign I think.

I'm pretty sure that once I start physical therapy and exercise, I will lose lots of weight pretty quickly, but I will -never- change my diet because it's already pretty healthy and I NEED to eat frequently. I have a combination of stomach ulcers, and extreme sensitivity to hunger, and I just need a lot of food to feel better when I stand up. If I stand up on an empty stomach, the word "weak" barely describes how horribly starving I feel. I feel like death itself if I don't have something in my stomach at all times. I'm thinking that at least with taking Alli, my body won't store some of my intake (25% in fact, according to Alli). Maybe it'll make my diet a little more "normal" when it comes to how much my body is using and storing.

Any cautions or advice? Anyone else try Alli or know anyone with positive or negative results? I didn't consult my doctor, but has anyone asked their doc about fat-blocking pills before?

Keep in mind that fat-blocking pills are completely different compared to diet pills---sometimes diet pills have caffeine and other things that us Potsy people wouldn't be able to handle, and it obviously wouldn't be healthy for our bodies. But Alli is completely different and I have high hopes.

I'll let you know how I handle it in case any of you were wanting to try it in the future =)

Hi Melissa,

Good luck with your weight loss, it's never easy. I've put on alot of weight my self latly and it's mostly because I feel hypoglycemic all day long. I have to eat then 30 minutes later I feel it again, so I'm eating all day long. If I could just exercise I'm sure mine would come right off also like you were saying. Well good luck with everything and I'll keep up with how you're doing.

I've been taking Alli for about a year now. Unfortunately, I haven't lost the extra pounds I've gained from being inactive. However, Alli has really helped with my IBS-Constipation. My doctor recommended Alli for constipation after I had adverse side effects to a prescription medication.

I think I haven't lost weight on Alli because I don't eat much fat. Alli absorbs fat. I haven't had any side effects from Alli, and I would definitely recommend it. Just be careful about following the fat intake rule. My sister takes Alli and had some bad side effects when she ate too much fat in a meal. She's lost 12 pounds, though.

I hope it works for you.