Urinary Symptoms Pain

Nauthiz

Anyone get this kind of symptoms? I was sitting in the bath a moment ago now i have fairly severe pain in my bladder/pressure and burning in my urethra sort of area. Feels like i need to urinate but i cant and it just builds up super pain, Very random very excruciating. Almost feels like something is stuck inside.

YES YES YESSS!!! Its what brought me to my PCP in the first place. She then was astute enough to refer me for autonomic dys eval.

BUT its related to just many neurogenic problems. I get a terrible pain..urgency..frequency but NO UTI!!

Last night yup.. again.. felt a burning for a quick moment..and thought..now this might be a UTI..Nope..it stopped.

The pain is gripping and it does affect urgency/frequency. It lasts 2 days max..but repeats every few months it seems.

So its neuro pain..its noted..I just stay close to a bathroom until this bladder pain passes.

Good luck.. let me know if you learn anything else ok?

Jan

Nauthiz,

If this is your first case of serious bladder/urinary pain, I would go to my PCP just to be safe that it's not a urinary tract infection. I also have similar pain that's caused by my POTS, but I also have had UTI's before, too. If it does turn out to be a UTI, it needs to be treated with antibiotics. Better to be safe than sorry...

Take care,

jana

I've had it to. Sharp pain in the bladder that comes and goes. I've had UTI's before but this is different. If I am dehydrated then pee my bladder will burn but after I drink a glass or two of water it goes away.

Just as a related aside ....

You can usually buy UTI kits in the local pharmacy without a prescription. I think the brand I keep is actually called UTI. Its a dipstick urine test you do in the morning ... much like a pregnancy test :blink:

I always keep one around just in case I suspect an infection and want to catch it early.

A friend of mine who used to post here had something called interstitial cystitis. It used to cause her severe bladder pain and took years for her docs to finally get it under control.

Nina

it def isnt a UTI, its very random and just sharp severe pain. I had a bad bought of so called prostatitis or IC a 2 years ago that was 6 months of agony for me. It isnt as bad anymore and i just get flares once in awhile(knock on wood). But this is nerve pain i can tell, i also get it in the other areas of that region, bladder, intestines behind the bladder etc. Its just a severe attack of pain that goes away in a hour or so.

• 2 months later...

Hi there,

I just got my official diagnosis of POTS and was doing a search for bladder pain because I'm worried about the proamatine causing a problem for me in that department. I was eval'd (but not officially tested as doc didn't think I fit the bill) for IC because I have a lot of the symptoms. I have also experienced the pain you're describing but I don't believe mine was as severe. It was like a light bulb moment after reading your post that makes me wonder if it's related to the POTS after all. The one thing I do have is a direct correlation between symptoms and the food/drinks I consume. It took a long time to figure out the culprits but it finally happened after I had to go on an elimination diet for my daughter while I was breastfeeding her (food allergies). So, I'm wondering if you've gotten any answers from your medical providers since you posted this. Hope you're doing better.

I'm having this problem today. I have recently noticed that it seems to often occur close to time for my period. I took my son to a pediatric urologist for urination urge problems and the dr. said the triggers for bladder irritation are:

the 4 C's

Carbonation

Caffeine (tea, coffee, & cola)

Chocolate (candy, cookies, and chocolate milk)

Citrus (orange, lemon, lime, grapefruit, pineapple, & tomato)

Good drinks that don't irritatate are: water, apple juice, white grape juice, raspberry juice, sports drinks, crystal lite, Kool-Aid, powdered lemonade mix, Hawaiian Punch, and Juicy Juice.

I copied this off the paper they gave us.

Hi,

There is something called interstitial cystitis which sounds like what you are describing. It is common among people with dysautonomia, IBS, CFS, fibromyalgia, etc. Here's a wikipedia about it...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstitial_cystitis

~ Broken_Shell