Brain Fog Is That Really What It Is?

mae

Hi everyone,

A question hit my mind before going to bed. Does anyone or all have this so called" brain fog" and does it pretty much stay with you all the time? or worse when tired Or even go away ever???? I get it everyday kinda like I'm in a DAZE all the time it does get worse later in the evening and even more worst while menstrual cycle.

Thanks for reading and replying and have a good night <_<

I have it much of the time, but it gets worse with my other symptoms. Sometimes it goes away. It seems to have gotten better since I've been taking Florinef, and even more so with Midodrine. I'm titrating down on Florinef right now, though, since my blood pressure was getting too high on it, and it's been getting worse again.

Guest brianala

Before I was on Midodrine I had brain fog CONSTANTLY.

In fact, I didn't even realize just how out of it I was most of the time until I found some relief. When I was first put on a beta blocker it helped immensely, and cleared away the fog. I realized just how difficult it had been for me to concentrate on anything, and how I felt like I was on the verge of falling asleep all day.

I couldn't tolerate the beta blocker so I was put on Midodrine. The Midodrine is amazing! I feel great when I'm on it. The only bad part is that it wears off quickly and my doctor only has me on it 3 times a day, so in the evenings I'm back to the brain fog.

brain fog is one of the indicators to me that i am doing too much at that time and that i need to rest with my feet up for a while.

It happens most for me after a meal, and when im being stubborn and don't use my wheelchair.

Hi everyone,

A question hit my mind before going to bed. Does anyone or all have this so called" brain fog" and does it pretty much stay with you all the time? or worse when tired Or even go away ever???? I get it everyday kinda like I'm in a DAZE all the time it does get worse later in the evening and even more worst while menstrual cycle.

Thanks for reading and replying and have a good night :blink:

I used to just get brain fog occasionally. Now I pretty much have it all the time, though some days are better than others.

Brain fog is definitely worse when I'm tired or if I have been sitting for too long. Somone here once called it "orthostatic stupidity." I laugh every time I think of that! :blink: The longer I'm upright the "stupider" I get! Although being upright isn't the only cause of brain fog for me. Sometimes it is really bad even when I'm lying down.

Rachel

i though i had ADD FOR YEARS and must admit it has helped until the addition to the BP meds, i feel they make us appear to forget things, lose our thoughts, slow down our thinking. now i'm reading here about, "brain fog" so was my ADD really brain fog when i never knew i had pots but had all the symptoms?

Rachel, under helpers you listed your husband. i thought that was so very sweet. that man i loved was non committal but called me his wifey for 7 years of lies till I kicked him out of my life when he left me in an er alone to go off and drink. it's been a year now, how does one find a husband or a good man with all our medical baggage and can't get out to meet anyone? maybe this wasn't the right place to ask, but i just noticed and i've feeling really blue tonight. :blink:

Hi!

I am always quite brain foggy! It is worse when I am more symptomatic or with med changes etc. But, for me the brain fog and related cognitive issues have been some of the most debilitating. I do have better time of day etc. like you described (like most of my symptoms- are lesser later in the day).

:)