How Much Does A Ttt Test Cost In General?

Nauthiz

between the test interpretation of test, i was going to guess, but have bills right here so i can give you exactly what it cost me and i have BCBS. $2698.00 for test. $1888.60 hospital charge. $686.00 to read it.

less ins. my actual charges equal-$2105.54

that's my patient responsibility part.

wish i good have given you better news. if you need it , you need it.

I just did my tilt table at the medical center I go to, I didn't require hospitalization or outpatient treatment. My insurance paid the majority of it - I think I paid $120.00. That was in Tucson, AZ. You can always call the billing office and they'll check with your insurance and let you know how much you would owe if you would get it done...I always do that to know what to expect.

Cheers,

Jana

I agree see about your insurance. Your hospital deductible should only kick in if you have it done at a hospital. Mine was just done at the cardiac center where my doctor is. I didn't have to pay anything out of pocket at all. See if you can find a cardiac center in your area, that's set up to do there own testing.

They also did a 24 halter (heart rate), echo, stress echo, cartoid ultra sound, renal ultra sound. My echo and stress showed some dysfunction, as did the 24 hour holter. You might want to consider a full work up. Of course, what you pay does really depend on your insurance. Even if you do have to meet $5,000 before they pay for anything, by going through your insurance they will get the negotiated discount rate that they contract out with their providers. So stay in-network if you can.

Oh no =( If you have health problems or suspected POTS, you should find an insurance without a deductible. In CA there are laws protecting unhealthy people from insurance discrimination, so even with a preexisting condition you can switch insurances----just as long as you don't miss paying a month on your old one. I don't know about other states though. But seriously, the testing is going to really add up, and on top of that deductible it's going to really be a pain financially. No one should have to put up with a deductible unless they don't really need insurance. It'll be worth it to find another insurance without one! I'm with Active Start plan 35, Blue Shield, and they've been treating me well for a while now. Good luck!!

Oh no =( If you have health problems or suspected POTS, you should find an insurance without a deductible. In CA there are laws protecting unhealthy people from insurance discrimination, so even with a preexisting condition you can switch insurances----just as long as you don't miss paying a month on your old one. I don't know about other states though. But seriously, the testing is going to really add up, and on top of that deductible it's going to really be a pain financially. No one should have to put up with a deductible unless they don't really need insurance. It'll be worth it to find another insurance without one! I'm with Active Start plan 35, Blue Shield, and they've been treating me well for a while now. Good luck!!

I live in California and could NOT switch insurance companies when my HMO did not renew their contract with my local hospital. I tried calling various other companies and NO ONE would insure me. I was told point blank that I was uninsurable given my pre-existing conditions. There is a high risk pool in California but that is very expensive. We ended up joining a high deductible plan because our backs were up against the wall. In another year, I'll be eligible for medicare, so that should help.

mr dr said i have to get it done at the hospital and my insurance has a $5000 dollar deductible... so good chance i will be paying several thousand out of pocket????

Mr. dr. may be wrong, call your insurance and ask them first, they may know who does it outside of the hospital. Yes, that's extra effort on your part, but it may save you a whole lot of money. Let your doctor know how much it will cost you this way, so maybe he/she can find a cheaper way to do it.

From my own experience this test does not have to be done in a hospital setting. But hey, if you don't want to challenge the doctor, then for sure it's going to cost you.

I live in California and could NOT switch insurance companies when my HMO did not renew their contract with my local hospital. I tried calling various other companies and NO ONE would insure me. I was told point blank that I was uninsurable given my pre-existing conditions. There is a high risk pool in California but that is very expensive. We ended up joining a high deductible plan because our backs were up against the wall. In another year, I'll be eligible for medicare, so that should help.

Oh, I was purely alking about PPOs because HMOs are completely up to companies and a totally different set of laws. I think you can switch to a PPO and still fall under the CA law though, might have to check first though.

I've never been able to use my HMO because they barely cover anything =(

Wait a sec though, the insurance companies seriously wouldn't insure you for PPOs? I thought the new law protected you of that! I switched from VA benefits to Blue Shield with my diagnosis, no problem. Why is that? My mom explained the whole law to me, and it seemed to make sense..

If I'm wrong and just lucky or something, I really hope Obama changes the system soon. =( I thought CA was protecting people like us these days because of all the health care drama. Anyone know the law I was referring to? I've never been good at looking up laws, I just believe what people tell me =x

mr dr said i have to get it done at the hospital and my insurance has a $5000 dollar deductible... so good chance i will be paying several thousand out of pocket????

Mr. dr. may be wrong, call your insurance and ask them first, they may know who does it outside of the hospital. Yes, that's extra effort on your part, but it may save you a whole lot of money. Let your doctor know how much it will cost you this way, so maybe he/she can find a cheaper way to do it.

From my own experience this test does not have to be done in a hospital setting. But hey, if you don't want to challenge the doctor, then for sure it's going to cost you.

Im in tucson actually. He said i need to get it at TMC so he can be there to observe since he says he doesn't think most drs there are qualified.