Do Any Of You Feel Fullness In Your Carotids From Your Pots ?

Guest GaryRN

Guest GaryRN

I have this much of the time and it feel like the carotids are going to explode. It a feeling of both pressure and fullness in the carotids.

Can anyone relate to this ?

Gary

i get an unbelievable pressure in my carotids, as well as my whole head. it corresponds to my heart rate. i feel and hear a pounding and whooshing that corresponds to my heart rate. and i feel as if all the blood vessels in my neck and head will explode. it is truly horrific, i totally understand. fortunately, i learned that mine is WAY WAY WAY worse in low pressure/high humidity environments. so i moved to california and am not nearly as affected by it. but i still get that feeling a few times a week, for an hour or two, and it is really unsettling.

YESSS!!! But I thought it was from acid relux.. Had an ultra sound of Carotids and they were fine.

No wonder.. I'll run this past my doc.

Jan

abbriggs, i get that exact same sensation. my ears get full, neck full, and a horrible pressure in my head. and i can hear and feel whooshing in my ears. it's probably my worst symptom.

have you had any tests to see what is causing this? i have only had a brain MRI. non contrast. my doctors never seem to take this symptom seriously. but i cannot stress enough how intense it is. a feeling that intense is definitely not normal. have you had any suggestions as to what it may be?

I don't get a feeling of pressure but I do hear a constant whooshing in my ears. It's there all the time and gets much worse as my POTS goes through bad times. Often it's so loud that I cannot hear small sounds around me over it, like footsteps approaching or rain/wind outside. It's incredibly annoying.When it gets really bad my left ear makes a squeeking noise on every heart beat too. Not fun when it's 150 times a minute!

The only thing that ever offers relief is to sit quietly with my hands applying light pressure on my neck. That shushes it for a few seconds.Sometimes I have to do that to hear something soft in another room or outside.

I thought I was the only one with these symptoms. Really I love potsplace more every day!

No, I have not had any testing done. Mine started with my pregnancy with my daughter. Every time I would have a contraction my neck would feel like someone was choking me. Dr. Levine in dallas told me that it was my muscles contracting in my neck. Mine is really bad with I first start falling asleep at night or after a big meal. I would love to know what it is. I will have it for 6 months and then I will go away as quickly as it came on.

No, I have not had any testing done. Mine started with my pregnancy with my daughter. Every time I would have a contraction my neck would feel like someone was choking me. Dr. Levine in dallas told me that it was my muscles contracting in my neck. Mine is really bad with I first start falling asleep at night or after a big meal. I would love to know what it is. I will have it for 6 months and then I will go away as quickly as it came on.

i get chocking with chest pain, heart beat and pressure in ears. now hissing drives me crazy!!!!! :lol: pressure is much better when they adjust my thyroid.

i play background noise all the time to try to mask it

:( we are not alone, :o:P:o:angry: can you hear me now? LOL? :D

kathy ireland- have you had intracranial hypertension ruled out?

i'm wondering how many of you guys have pressure in your head as a symptom that goes along with the whooshing and neck tightness? like unbelieveable pressure? mine feels like there is too much blood in my head. wayyyyyyyyyyy too much blood. or like it's become tar. and my blood pressure has always been normal during these times. sometimes this kind of pressure lasts hours, even days, and i cannot function. it is MUCH MUCH MUCH worse in humid weather right before it's about to rain. but i have NO answers which bothers me a lot because it is soooooooooo intense.

does anyone have any ideas about what is causing our pressure complaints?

This is a symtpom I have when the BP is skyrocketing. I can hear my pulse in my ears, or just one ear. it drives me nuts.

Now, for some reason, totally unknown to me, my BP seems to have dumped, but my body still acts like it's shoving upward, even at lower pressures, I still get the rushes or "surges" as I like to call them. And my beautiful scarlet throat. morgan

kathy ireland- have you had intracranial hypertension ruled out?

I don't think I have had intracranial hypertension ruled out. I've never heard of it before now but have just looked it up. According to stats 98% of people have an extremely bad and constant headache with it.I don't have that thank God. 58% of people have whooshing in the ears thats only resolved my placing hands over the jugular vein and that's definitely me. Does anyone else find this relieves it?

I have generally very low blood pressure so that I should have this constant whooshing often surprises me. I find it's one of the many symptoms doctors tend to pay absolutely no attention to when I bring it to their attention. I've tried using ear plugs at night for it when it's bad and keeping me awake and I think they can help a little bit.