PSVT

Guest elyag

Merrill,

Maybe Gatorade should use us in a commercial.

Do you always have a bottle in your car? I never leave home wthout it. My mother actually bought me this cute little black bag to carry my Gatorade and water in. She thought I looked tacky carrying my supplies a grocery sack.

GayleP

It depends on where I get the Gatorade as far as being able to open it. The ones I get from Riteaid I can never open. But the ones from the supermarket are fine. Weird how that is.

I figure if I am in a Gatorade needing moment the last thing I need is to be wrestling with a bottle.

Thanks Gayle. I know when I have had these episodes I am probably too low on fluids. When your doctor diagnosed PSVT for you, did it change any of your treatment? My doctor told me I PROBABLY am having such episodes based on my description, yet he seemed totally unconcerned, since they are so short.

I can't drink gatorade--just personal preference. I make my own with dilute fruit juice and added salt. :o

Katherine

Haven't posted for a long time but I can say that when evidently my "POTS" flared in 2003 I was first having sinus arrhythymia and tachycardia and only a few months later after being given a dose of Lexapro did I then progress to PSVT which was very uncomfortable and did not come and go (at least it didn't feel like the irregular rhythm ever stopped from the time I took the Lexapro to the next day when I went to the ER to the time I had to wait for my followup visit with Dr. Grubb) so the "paroxysmal" part threw me too...it certainly didn't just start and stop for seconds...it was persistent....it continued for days unabated just the same as it felt when it started and just as the tachycardia previously had for weeks and weeks until I finally could follow up with Dr. Grubb who finally gave me a beta blocker after I had been tachy for 4+ months with a 30-pound weight loss. It sure felt scary but evidently they didn't think it was a problem. I, maybe like you, was thinking what next? First this rhythm and now that rhythm! Please can somebody just give me something to slow my dang heart down already! It was the longest wait of my life being persistently tachy every day for months (except when sleeping)...I was truly worn out physically, emotionally, and spiritually...the beta blockers kinda' suck but I sure take them...no fast rates here! I just wanted to relate to you in how scary it feels but from my understanding it isn't much different than atrial tachycardia in terms of seriousness except it is originating in the ventricle vs. atria (if I remember the correct explanation...pretty much what everybody else has said here).

Thanks Gayle.  I know when I have had these episodes I am probably too low on fluids.  When your doctor diagnosed PSVT for you, did it change any of your treatment?  My doctor told me I PROBABLY am having such episodes based on my description, yet he seemed totally unconcerned, since they are so short.

I can't drink gatorade--just personal preference.  I make my own with dilute fruit juice and added salt. ;)

Katherine

Katherine,

My Dr hasn't changed any of my treatment. I'm currently not on any meds and he figured if I did take meds I wouldn't do well with the side effects. He initially talked about an ablation but then admitted that my heart stuff is probably a result of the dysautonomia and an ablation wouldn't help.

So for now. we're doing nothing. Because I don't really know what's causing them I don't really know for myself how to prevent them. Other than the typical avoiding cold meds, stimulants etc...I agree that you could be having more symtoms if you 're low on fluids. See if drinking more helps.

Keep us posted if you decide to get use the event recoder again.