Impossible Glasses!

Hi Everyone-

I have worn glasses for distance most of my life. My script has been fine since my dx with POTS in 2006. Now I thought that I would take that dive into progressive lens (like bifocals without the line)because I'm about that age.... I've been taking my glasses off to read for quite a while...

I'm going crazy trying to get use to these things! In focus...out of focus... I'm wobbling around anyway and now with my vision wobbling around with me I'm having a hard time getting around.

Has anyone gotten progressive lens? Do people with dysautonomia ever get used to them...I'm so much more dizzy... The script is correct...

I can't stand this!

Bshert

Hi,

I have progressive lenses and they don't bother me, but I had them before I was diagnosed with POTS. Maybe you just need to get use to them sorry, I wasn't much help. Good luck

I got very motion sickness, and dizzy with those types of glasses. Years ago.

I can not even do lined bi-focals. My brain needs more time to make differences for close up and far away but my situation is complicate.

So I MUST wear glasses for far away and then for close up. Drag and expensive (pay out of pocket)

But I get very ill easily from what my eyes see (Can't do tv shows with special effects like house, and have to be careful of camera movements in car races)

Good luck but do NOT FEEL ODD as many can not do the progressive lens thing.

:blink:

Hi Everyone-

I have worn glasses for distance most of my life. My script has been fine since my dx with POTS in 2006. Now I thought that I would take that dive into progressive lens (like bifocals without the line)because I'm about that age.... I've been taking my glasses off to read for quite a while...

I'm going crazy trying to get use to these things! In focus...out of focus... I'm wobbling around anyway and now with my vision wobbling around with me I'm having a hard time getting around.

Has anyone gotten progressive lens? Do people with dysautonomia ever get used to them...I'm so much more dizzy... The script is correct...

I can't stand this!

Bshert

After spending over $400, I could not get used to them. They now sit in a drawer. I could not stand them no matter how much I tried to use them. They made me dizzy, gave me an awful headache, drove me nuts when I had to turn my head so as to look directly at something (instead of looking sideways).......you get the picture. I don't know how anyone can stand them.

After watching my family and friends get progressives and adjust fairly easily, I was down that I was having such a hard time. You would think that after two years of having POTS, I would have taken my "disorder" into account and know that I'm not exactly like everyone else trying those glasses. I didn't.

Now, after trying many days with these glasses... and finally falling yesterday... I'm going back to distance glasses only. At least for now. I put on my old glasses and felt so much freedom! Just back to my usual dizziness, nausea and eye/head pain.

The difference with those glasses off make it seem like my usual issues aren't so bad :)

Thanks for everyone's help. Hearing from you all... as Sophie said I don't feel ODD! On to my new script... distance only. futurehope, I feel badly about your $400. I got my glasses at COSTCO and they are replacing my lens free-of-charge. They are even going to take money off if these other lens are less money.

I'm off the progressive lens roller coaster... merry-go-round... uh.... torture device... :)

Bshert