O2 Dasats, A.m Tachycardia Or A.m Anxiety

jjb

Does anyone have problems with o2 desats without a significant apnea problem?

If so have you been given an explanation for it?

Anyone have morning anxiety ro morning tachycardia? If so, do you have a reason for it?

Are these dys related?

Hi, I don't mean to sound like a dumb bell, but I just want to make sure I am right here. O2 means oxygen, correct, and by desats you mean your oxygen level desaturating or dropping correct? Sorry not up on alll these things! If that is what it means then YES! I have been really worried, because many times when I have been having breathing problems my oxygen level is at 90-95. And the last time I was in the ER, (unfortunatly) The back of my bed was up, and my oxygen was at 90%. As the back of my bed was lowered it went up to 100%. I don't know what this means, but would really like to find out.

Suzy

Yes Suzy, that is what I meant. Wow, that is interesting that yours was lowered as you were more upright.

I am usually able to tell when mine is lower. I get an odd almost metallic like taste in my mouth as well as a slightly unuual feeling in my mouth .... almost a numb feeling.

For me, exercise will trigger it and so will aclohol. I am pretty sure I have a true alcohol intoerance.

After a few sips I am very flushed and it only takes one glass of wine for me to be feeling pretty sick.

Anyway, just tyring to figure out if these things are ever dys related.

Hi, I don't mean to sound like a dumb bell, but I just want to make sure I am right here. O2 means oxygen, correct, and by desats you mean your oxygen level desaturating or dropping correct? Sorry not up on alll these things! If that is what it means then YES! I have been really worried, because many times when I have been having breathing problems my oxygen level is at 90-95. And the last time I was in the ER, (unfortunatly) The back of my bed was up, and my oxygen was at 90%. As the back of my bed was lowered it went up to 100%. I don't know what this means, but would really like to find out.

Suzy

• 4 weeks later...

That metallic taste in your mouth is indicative of high histamines- so is reacting to wine and flushing. Hmmm. Have YOU looked into MCAD? It is supposedly not familial, but many of my family members are stricken. I have met many other families with similiar stories via a masto support group. AM anxiety and tachycardia is also common with mast cell disorders as histamine is highest in the very early morning hours. Caffeine can worsen this for me.

Julie

When my POTS is bad - as it is at the moment - I wake up most mornings between 3-5am with a racing heart and a quesy feeling and that knot in the stomach. My hands and feet are then quite vasoconstricted, but youd think that being in bed would help rather than bring on POTS in me. Mornings suck at the moment...

Maybe as you said its MCAD related. Also I read that the form of POTS called Low Flow POTS seems to be caused by elevated angiotensin II levels which lower nitric oxide levels and this is worsened by bed rest. Im just thinking out aloud here!

I have been having a terrible time with my hadns and feet since I gave birth to Ava five years ago. Started with hand and feet being extremely hot during sleep hours. To the point I'd need to put ice packs on them.

Over the year I have been having nightitme numbness and tingling in my hands.

I am beginning to wonder if this is part of small fiber neuropathy.

I also noticed while riding my bike hard the other night, my feet did not sweat at all. I had always been somewhat hyperhidrotic ... I am concerned I am going int the other direction.

<sigh>

When my POTS is bad - as it is at the moment - I wake up most mornings between 3-5am with a racing heart and a quesy feeling and that knot in the stomach. My hands and feet are then quite vasoconstricted, but youd think that being in bed would help rather than bring on POTS in me. Mornings suck at the moment...

Maybe as you said its MCAD related. Also I read that the form of POTS called Low Flow POTS seems to be caused by elevated angiotensin II levels which lower nitric oxide levels and this is worsened by bed rest. Im just thinking out aloud here!