Does This Sound Like Pots?

toni

hi everyone,

so i took my heart rate laying down, sitting up, and standing and this is the results i got:

laying down in bed: 95

sitting up: 116

standing up: 147

i took my heart rate as soon as i sat up/stood up, i didn't wait a few minutes - did i do it right?

and in order to be considered pots, does you heart rate have to stay at these numbers when sitting up/standing up?

for example: my heart rate goes 116 when sitting up but after a few minutes it might go down?

toni

hi everyone,

so i took my heart rate laying down, sitting up, and standing and this is the results i got:

laying down in bed: 95

sitting up: 116

standing up: 147

i took my heart rate as soon as i sat up/stood up, i didn't wait a few minutes - did i do it right?

and in order to be considered pots, does you heart rate have to stay at these numbers when sitting up/standing up?

for example: my heart rate goes 116 when sitting up but after a few minutes it might go down?

toni

I suggest you take it after 5 minutes of standing as well as after 1 minute. Us POTsies do NOT go back down after standing up.

A doctor who knows POTS well would test your heart rate lying down and then again standing for a few minutes. If its still that significantly elevated after standing for a while chances are its POTS. Do you have symptoms.

The blood pressure isnt generally diagnostic of POTS - in some patients its stays the same even when symptomatic and in some it actually goes up with orthostatic stress.