Headed To Cleveland Clinic For Tests On Thursday And Friday!

babettess

Hi All,

I am returning to CC to have my testing done this week. Just wondering if anybody else is going to be there on Thursday or Friday?

Robin Williams just had heart surgery there so I might look him up while I'm there. HaHa! I doubt I would have the energy even if I could get past security. :lol:

The tests I'm having are as follows:

Thursday afternoon I'm having-

Stress Echo

QSART

Friday morning I'm having

TTT (Of course-another one :) )

Hemodynamic Blood Volume test

Heart Rate Variability Test

Anybody have any suggestions/comments on any of these tests?? I'm familiar with the TTT, but I don't know much about the others except for what I've read.

Thanks,

Babette

Hi Babette,

Good luck! Let us know how everything goes. I have had the QSART and stress echo in addition to the TTT. I don't think I could add much beyond what you have read, but the stress ECHO was really difficult for me because I do basically no activity and had a difficult time running on a treadmill and felt like I was going to trip before I even started getting lightheaded and feeling like I was going to pass out! The QSART test invloves making little circuits on your legs to stimulate sweat production. They burn quite a bit, but at least they are only running for about 10 minutes. When you're done, they leave these beautiful burnt looking red circular marks where they were placed. My neurologist wants me to repeat the TTT and QSART in April because my symptoms have been changing a lot lately, so this will be the fourth time I am having them done too. Anyways, best wishes with the traveling and the tests. I'll keep you in my thoughts and look forward to hearing how it went.

P.S. Are you going through a Cleveland Clinic cardio or neuro doc?

~ Broken_Shell :)

Hi Broken Shell,

Thanks for your response. I will let everyone know how it goes. I am going to a cardiologist at CC.

I wanted to tell you how much I like your name. Shells whether broken or not are beautiful and unique.

Babette

Hi,

If you are getting the TTT in the cardio. department, it is probably the sitting TTT that I described in my previous thread/posts. I didn't have a stress echo. I had my 2nd QSART (CC) in the neuro dept., it wasn't bad, but this one hurt worse than the previous I one I had. the blood volume one, I also talked about before. You just lay there very still and they inject you with the dye that tags the red blood cells, and it is recorded by the gamma camera type machine. I am not sure, but I think the heart rate variability test is one of the breathing tests.

Just make sure to follow fasting etc. directions. Bring plenty of fluids/after testing foods. Have meds to take after if able to. Plan to go right back to hotel room after testing. I was light, motion, smell, and noise sensitive after my day of testing. As I said before the injections etc were not too bad, except for after the first couple it started to like bruise the vein for me, and everytime they did the rapid injection it hurt like crazy, but was done after the injection was over. It was better when the other nurse put pressure on the vein during injection. The worst was just laying so still for so long. It hurt my back... but that it is much more of a personal thing.

Not sure what else infowise I can offer...?

Hope that helps!

:)