Collecting Conditions

Hi everyone.

When I was diag'd w/Dysautonomia (pots) last year, I was told I have a positive Rheumatoid factor, but none of the other bloodwork supported any action at the time, I've been so "busy" with dysautonomia, and then in Sep diag'd with Fibro- I figured I'd just leave the arthrtis issue tucked away. This week I ask my pcp too run new bloodwork due to some new? symptoms and sure enough now my ANA is positive as well.

I was wondering do any of you have RA as well? and if so how do you deal with it, new meds etc.

Thanks any input you can provide.

Peace

Tommy

The "rheumatoid factor" blood test can be positive for several reasons, not just for rheumatoid arthritis. The main feature for diagnosing rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is pain and swelling of the joints - if you don't have joint problems it is very unlikely that you have RA. These sort of blood tests are best ordered and interpreted by a rheumatologist who will have a better understanding of them that a regular physician.

Flop

Yes my pcp is referring me to a new rheumy (not like the previous who thought I was seeking drugs I hope) and I will see what they have to say. I was just wondering how many folks with dysautonomia also deal with RA. Thanks for you input. I always appreciate ya'll.

Tommy