I'm Taking Tylenol And My Fever Isn't Breaking

Maxine

What the heck kind of virus is this!

I've had 101.5, and my temperature doesn't break------meanwhile my heart keeps racing which makes it difficult to rest.

No sense in callin the doc, as I couldn't drive there anyway----my husband is working during the day. I thougt I might be gettin some headway on this when my fever dropped once to 99.5. NOT! nOW IT'S BACK UP TO 100.5 AFTER TYLENOL!

I DON'T NEED THIS!

A VERY LIVID MAXINE

What the heck kind of virus is this!

I've had 101.5, and my temperature doesn't break------meanwhile my heart keeps racing which makes it difficult to rest.

No sense in callin the doc, as I couldn't drive there anyway----my husband is working during the day. I thougt I might be gettin some headway on this when my fever dropped once to 99.5. NOT! nOW IT'S BACK UP TO 100.5 AFTER TYLENOL!

I DON'T NEED THIS!

A VERY LIVID MAXINE

I'm so sorry you're sick and I hope you get better real soon. Tylenol hardly does anything for me either. My temperature stays the same, and the headache that usually accompanies my fever doesn't respond to Tylenol either. I suppose Tylenol works for some. Can you try Ibuprofin?

Hi,

Sorry it has been so rough. Tylenol never does much for me either... Do, you think you need an antibiotic or something to help fight whatever it is off? I really guess I don't have any words of wisdom for what may help... What kind of dose of Tylenol? I wonder depending on what meds you are taking if it minimizes its affect, and maybe need a larger dose? Might help to call a dr. oor pharmacist...

What kind of heart rate? You aren't stuck in an abnormal rhythm are you? It is just more of your norm when you are sick kind of tachycardia?

Hope you feel better soon!!!

:blink:

Thanks ajw4055, and future hope--- :angry: . I'm sure it's the same virus my sister in law has, and the doc gave her z-pack which hasn't touched it. My sister in law aslo got the stomach flu on top of this--- :blink: Geeze----she just lost her husband a month ago, does she really need this. To add insult to injury, my brother's birthday would have been tomorrow.

I'm getting the usual tachycardia I get when I get a fever. It's hovering in the 90s to 100 bpm, but for me this is very difficult due to having ADD, and my sensitivity to it. I'm keep klonopin on board, as the propranolol doesn't fully work when I'm like this.

I think I could work with the virus better if I didn't have heart rate issues. Me fever went down to 99.6, and I hope this continues to decline. the coughing isn't helping the pressure I have in the back of my neck and lower brain stem area. I have a bulging right artery whihc compensates for the missing left vertebral artery. Combined with the instability in this area, it's not a good combination, and I'm still trying to find a good neurologist who will watch this carefully.

When I get a cold that causes any coughing, this area always gets affected.

Maxine :0)

Sadly, I'm sick with it too, although no fever, just about 99 or so at most, but my gosh the headache, nausea and shakes are miserable---have had the headache since last week, the nausea since the weekend, and now I'm pretty sure my guts are rumbling and I'm not sure which end will be really sad, but I know something is definitely going to fly... sorry if TMI, but this flu is really terrible.

Thanks MM an Rachel-- :blink:

How are you doing MM? My sister in law also had this, but she was also exposed to her son in law who also had the stomach flu. I woke up at 3:30 this morning and took my temperature. It's 100.5-- :angry::blink:

I don't have an appetite, and I'm afraid to eat anyway. If coughing is causing my head to feel like it's going to explode back there, I can't imagine throwing up. Lets pray this doesn't happen. Right now my ears have a lot of pressure. I've never had a fever like this for so long. This is scary....

Right now this is really, really hard, as I need bed rest, but someone has to pick up a check. We refinanced our house so we could update our kitchen, and otday we are supposed to pick up the check and deposit it.

We are also having a benefit for my brother next Saturday, "Jam for Joe". I'm doing the T-shirts. My son made the design, and there's a gentleman who my husband knows who is doing the shirts. My husband used to deliever his mail, and he does graphics on t-shirts. Tomorow is the deadline for the half down money, and he closes at 4:00pm. Who's going to do these things?

I can't take anti-nausea meds-----------I get a horrible reaction.

I need this to go away so badly.

Rachel,

I have never taken ibuprofen, and don't want to try now when I'm this weak. All drugs affect me differently.

I'm so upset about this......... Sunfish, I do not know how you deal with those fevers all the time-----I really feel for you, and can't imagine how awful it must be. Your very brave, and I admire this. I'm NOT brave----not with this kind of stuff.

I'm holding on... but I'm also home alone until tonight, when Teri gets back from a business trip. My head feels like I've been whacked with a 2x4 at the back of my skull. This morning I was going to try to go to work, but I was only up 5 minutes and nausea, chills and headache amped up. Now I'm afraid to eat ... but I'm also oddly very hungry despite the nausea. My BP has been quite normal though...

I did get my first good night's sleep in about 2 weeks last night though--got a chance to talk to my dad for a bit and made me calmer. I am, and always will be a worrier. I remember my best friend's mom calling me a worry wart and that was before i went to kindergarten --well, that and she called me an accident looking for a place to happen 8:) which was my pots and ncs having me fall down all the time for sure!

Thanks for asking Maxine. I know I'll be fine, I just have to ride this out and I really don't like this ride!!! Hope yours is done and you can start feeling at least at your normal.

Nina

Guest tearose

Please get better Maxine and Nina...all..

When I am struggling with fever I also try the soup and cool compress route.

If a fever doesn't break after a while, I would naturally call the doctor.

tearose

Tearose, Thanks for the well wishes and support---- :blink:

I called the doc, but his office is closed today. However, they called in an antibiotic today for me.

MM, I have that same hungry, but too weird in the stomach feeling. I've been picking at little bits of this and that----jello, orangejuice, gatorade, apple sauce, pretzels, and bits of cereal. I tried to eat some soup, and it just didn't taste right, and I was afraid to eat more then a couple bites. I think my BP was near normal yesterday, but my HR was about 93, and it's been goin up and down---mostly up. I suppose it's natural to do this when having POTS and struggling with a virus. Heck normal folks get high heart rates with fevers. It started with this weird cough like my lungs wouldn't take in air. Now my nose is mildly congested. Fever went back down to 99.5, but it goes back up before my next dose of tylenol. I'll be so happy when the fever breaks.

I have the same 2x4 feeling in the back of the head, but a tiny bit better today, but a really full feeling in the ears.

I'm also very, very weak.

I think this had got to be the worst virus I ever had. I think in 1993 I got something simular, and I lost about 10 pounds because I had NO appetite then either.

I want to scream.