Pray For Me

sheba

I feel very afraid, I started back to work on Monday and it was o.k. just o.k. some tachycardia. Today it was one really bad event I thought my heart stop beating for a few seconds what was that, then when I got really scared had a small panic attack in the training class. I hope anyone didn't notice. I wept a little behind the computer and sucked it in. It was really awful. I think my bp got really low and maybe if I didn't circulate my back leg muscles who knows. It feel really uncomfortable but I did ask God for a job with great benefits and that's what I got I really don't want to let him down. Im afraid guys I feel dizzy and wiered in front of all these new people and scared they would find out about my illness. Help!!!!!!

I hope that your boss knows about your illness, it's really important that you disclose it.

I always wanted to keep my EDS and POTS from my bosses, but I found that for me at least, telling them made my life a heck of a lot easier. I can now just say that my POTS is acting up or I tweaked a joint and take the steps necessary to make it through the day, or go home if need be. Most bosses are very willing to make exceptions as long as the work gets done. Perhaps get human resources involved. There is no need why you should suffer needlessly. Perhaps have a chair to sit in at all times or be allowed to have water with you. You have to fight for yourself, and yourself needs to be the most important thing.

Sara

(In my prayers)

I sit in a chair in a office I keep water but my neves are jumpy and my vision is a little blury but I think I would be o.k. once training is over and I get to my cubicle. I just hate really small areas with alot of people. Thanks for the advice but Im not suppose to miss any days for the 5 weeks of training. I just need to make it thru this part I know I will. Im going to keep my prayers going.

I hope that your boss knows about your illness, it's really important that you disclose it.

I always wanted to keep my EDS and POTS from my bosses, but I found that for me at least, telling them made my life a heck of a lot easier. I can now just say that my POTS is acting up or I tweaked a joint and take the steps necessary to make it through the day, or go home if need be. Most bosses are very willing to make exceptions as long as the work gets done. Perhaps get human resources involved. There is no need why you should suffer needlessly. Perhaps have a chair to sit in at all times or be allowed to have water with you. You have to fight for yourself, and yourself needs to be the most important thing.

Sara

(In my prayers)

hi hopefulcase, congratulations on your new job. I honestly believe that it will get easier the more you get used to the new enviroment and people. You survived the first day and thats the most difficult and stressfull one. Wait and see as you get used to your new daily routine it will get easier. Congratulations also that you didnt go home when you felt sick you stayed in the situation and waited it out. I think thats very important because next time you feel like that at work you will know that you can make it. Before i got diagnosed and didnt know what was wrong with me, i had to leave my office more often because i didnt know how to calm my symptoms down. Now i can work with my limitations quiet ok. I told people that i cant stand long and thats about all they know. To be honest, thats all they wanted to know anyway nobody ever asked me more detailed questions about my condition. After i returned back to work after a 5 month long bad POTS episode in 2007 i decided to tell my boss whats wrong with me,

he didnt really understand it . I honestly believe that he and my co workers think iam in perfect health again because they think i function so well. But what they dont see is how well planed my work is. I never get up, exept to go to the bathroom and i have 100 little tricks to get through my workday. I honestly believe that when your training is over and you start working on your normal work you will find also little helpers to help you, maybe you can also look for a spot were you could lay down for a while if you have to. That way it will show you, that you can also get through a flare of POTS symptoms outside your home, this will give you more confidence. I always think that it would be better for me to get really sick at work and my coworkers would ring and ambulance because they wouldnt know what else to do, then if i feel very sick all alone at home and i wouldnt know who to call. (We know that this condition wont kill us but sometimes it sure feels like it doesnt it?).I wish you all the best. Take care of yourself, make sure you can relax and calm down after you get home, iam sure you will make it.carinara