Chronic Sinusitis - Does Midodrine Help You?

Csmith3

I know a lot of us have vasomotor rhinitis, allergies and the inevitable chronic sinusitis that goes with it. I mentioned in reply to a recent post that midodrine is sometimes staying active in my system way too long. One unexpected benefit is that I've realised that it totally clears my sinusitis! In a way that previously was only possible with back to back slow-release Sudafed. I know it is logical that midodrine would help, but does anyone else find a single dose of midodrine clears their sinusitis, if only for 10 hours or so? It may be my new barometer to assess the level of midodrine in my body.

Interesting! I'm currently off of my Midodrine (I'm in my 3rd trimester of pregnancy and don't need it with all of the extra blood volume) but when I go back on it I'll pay attention to this symptom.

I am one of those with chronic sinusitis and haven't noticed Midodrine helping in the past but will be paying attention to this.

Take care,

Lisa

Guest brianala

I have chronic sinusitis, and I came down with a sinus infection the day after I started taking Midodrine. It took about a week for everything to clear up, and I've only been on it for a few weeks now so I can't tell, but I'll be interested to see if it helps.