Such A Tiny Victory...

Today I made it through my first vial of allergy serum! I have not been able to do this in 9 months without a hive the size of an egg yolk and redness with systemic allergy symptoms! I have been on an MCAD treatment regimen for a little over a month and it is apparently working! For the allergic immunotherapy at least, unfortunately it makes it more likely that I do have MCAD with my POTS. I see my allergist in two weeks to discuss my "progress."

Tiny hooray for me! :rolleyes:

:( Big Hooray for you! It takes a lot of courage to try something new, and I am glad that it is working out! Although I hope you don't have MCAD. But if you do at least you are going the right way! There are no Tiny victories in this disease in my opinion. Any victory of any kind is big! So BIG YEEE HAWWWW! Wish I knew how to do the big letters! Haven't figured it out yet! Take care.

Suzy

Thanks Jennifer,

testing testing 1 2 3 4 567ok.

Suzy

ok how do I get rid of the size things?

ok. Now a BIG YEEE HAWWWW for you!

Suzy!

am I supposed to delete those? If I do will it still change the size?

Thank you. Now thats a tiny victory! Yours is Big!

Suzy

-I've had bright facial flushing for as long as I can remember; it looks like a sunburn and happens after "triggers" like exercise, allergies, sex, etc.

-I've had many years of sinus infections from vasomotor rhinitis (I always attributed it to viruses gone bad! :( )

-When I was under stress (divorce) I had traveling hives: they would start on one side and travel down and then up and to the other side (each the size of a quarter.)

-I was told I had asthma, but when I had a pulmonary function test it came up better than healthy (233% of predicted lung diffusion capacity.)

-When I had my POTS crash in 2007, I would flush hard and get really warm and then get mucusy diarrhea.

-I am allergic to dogs and cats, but have always had one, so I decided to go for allergy shots...well I kept having systemic reactions and hives to the injections. They gave me an epi-pen as a "just in case" after my injections. After my Dx with POTS last year, Dr. Biaggioni suggested that I watch my reactions more carefully. I looked into what effect it could have on my inability to tolerate the shots and asked my allergist about the MCAD with Hyperadrenergic POTS connection. He said "Well, YES! Did we know this BEFORE we started you on the shots?"

-I also have the "classic" H-POTS with MCAD autonomic reactions to my ANS testing (shown in the article.)