Why Do I Do This???????

Well, after gathering the incense and burning the lab-work, or is that burning the incense and gathering the lab-work?! I saw Dr. Miney(endo #2), but not Dr. Moe (Eenie, Meanie, Miney and Moe) He looked at me, took my BP and told me everything was fine......um, I could've told him that over the phone! Then he wants me to follow up in 4 months...FOR WHAT?????????? He all but said that there was nothing going on with my thyroid and that he did not have a problem with my meds, but he thought all my issues were due to POTS, not that he's an expert, but that was his opinion. :blink: WHY did I not go to medical school?! :huh: Good gravy! (insert your favorite expletive) I drive an hour and pay for parking for THAT! :angry: I made the follow up, but I feel a cancellation coming on! My PCP, who's a lot closer, can monitor my sodium level just fine, thank you! I am supposed to PICK which of these stellar minds is going to be my ONE and ONLY endo, and my choices are:

Dr. Meanie=NO bedside manner and an ego that is only exceeded slightly by his brain power (he has NOT been 100% right on anything so far, but he's been batting a better average than the rest) Reads what I send him and pronounces why it is wrong or that he knew it already.

Dr. Miney=GREAT bedside manner except for the huge dose of skepticism and lack of delight in all the articles I so kindly bring him for continuing education (He also has a big brain, but very little ego) This one is extremely busy and seems to care very little for learning about POTS.

Dr. Moe=An EXTREMELY nice gentleman who is in the office one day a week and is as old as dirt. Very hard to get a hold of or schedule anything with, listens patiently and is willing to step outside the box. (unfortunately NOT taking new patients :blink: but "oversees" Dr. Miney's whole department.)

I'd swear, I need to change my name to FLuffy and just go see my old dog's Vet! :( I liked her.

Firewatcher,

I sooooooo enjoy your posts. They make me smile. Good luck picking out your endo from the list. You got some great choices to pick from. :( If you are taking a poll I vote for the vet. :blink:

Babette

OK, was it Meanie, Miney or Moe who became an instant ANS expert over night? You know, the dude with brochures all over his office after he read one of your articles. Too funny!!! You keep my laughing, Jennifer.

Julie

Dr. Meanie of course! He's got the lousiest patient reviews I've ever seen on Healthgrades! As begrudgingly as I can, his arrogance is somewhat endearing :blink: only because he actually uses his brain! He reminds me of me in High School (maybe that's why I never got a date! :( ) He's the ultimate nerd with attitude and a paycheck to match!

Here's what's ironic about your wish for a vet to treat you--they know quite a bit more about dysautonomia than the average physician. It's not uncommon for dogs to get dysautonomia.

Nina

Cute...amusing..but I CAN relate so thank you.

I AM sorry for not getting any REAL help.

As I always say...one day these docs will be patients too

So you have a thyroid problem? Or not?

What else is hanging in the wind??

Warmly, Jan

Here's how mentally challenged I am - when I read the subject line and description under the "view new posts" I always click on, I thought, "hmmm, who's Dr. Miney and Dr. Moe? Wonder where they're practicing....Mayo?...I hear about Dr. Grubb here but never these Miney and Moe people..."

It wasn't until I read through the post (a second time) that I realized.... :blink::(

Amber

A vets not as bad a choice as you think. Had a long conversation about dysautonomia with my cat?s vet after overhearing her prescribe Florinef to a German Shepherd on one visit. Then went home and jumped online to scour the internet to find everything I could on POTS in canines - tyring hopefully to find some key piece of knowledge that all my docs were missing. Hours and days into my research, I thinking ? I?m either desperate or nuts! Still have the POTS ? and a nice, shiny coat now! Woof woof!

Here's what's ironic about your wish for a vet to treat you--they know quite a bit more about dysautonomia than the average physician. It's not uncommon for dogs to get dysautonomia.

Nina

Access to non-FDA approved drugs to boot . . . I say go for it!

Jennifer, you make me laugh again! So healing to laugh! (AT DOCTORS!) But seriously, I found this site when I was looking for information on dysautonomia. It is a vet who got dysautonomia.

http://wheredidigetthislemon.blogspot.com/...at-is-pots.html

Maybe if we call her she can go into practice for the treatment of POTS! Of course we will all have to dress like dogs and cats! I will be a chiuaua weinerdog. See you all at the sand box! (or looney bin whichever one comes first!!) :blink:

The more I think about this whole Vet thing, the more sense it makes:

-A Vet will always assume that there is something wrong and that I'm just dealing with it well (because a dog won't limp if you take it to the Vet!)

-A Vet will always believe me and look for a physical cause, (because dogs can't lie or have conversion disorder!)

-It is expected and accepted for me to be a real "B" (proper name for a female dog) because I'm not feeling well!

-And finally, It's the VET's fault if I bite her when she hurts me! (She should have been more careful!)

My husband might like me in a spiked collar anyway! :P

Woof!

Fluffy

Seriously, my dogs have always gotten more HUMANE treatment than I have received from many doctors! I wish that Doctors were more like Veterinarians, they would do it out of love of the animal (person) and for the patient's well-being, not for the money or the ego-trip. Some of these docs show more care and compassion for their dogs than they do their patients.

But then we don't lay at their feet and lick their hands either... :(

All right Jennifer! You should just be a comidian! I laughed so hard (ok not really hard or I couldn't breath) I almost passed out! I will run this by my husband, but he might run up to petco, and get me a collar! rolling on the floor croaking! Thanks for the laughter. :(

Suzy

You guys & gals are too funny! Gave me a good hearty laugh indeed!!!!

I have to say that my cat's vet visits are about the same cost as my doctor office visits... BUT, they last a bit longer, are usually more productive and my vet doesn't even complain when one of my kitties poops and urinates on the exam table, and occasionally on the Vet too, and happily offered to clean up my cat's rear end b/c she'd had gotten bm on herself (she had "the runs"--bm was everywhere-- :P:( for a few days) . The Vet's office staff calls after "sick visits" to make sure which ever sick cat is doing better.

I will say this though: I have a few gems of doctors who 1) have called to check on me when in crisis, 2) have gone out of their way to ensure I got needed medications or tests, 3) have learned with me about how my illness interacts with my body and are not afraid to tell me they don't know but are willing to try to find out an answer (if there is one).

Meow.

Nina