Enterra Therapy

cardiactec

Hi,

I just wanted to give an update to everyone re: my gastroparesis and how far I've come since getting the enterra therapy neurostimulator implant in september. It was rough at first, had a couple complications which required me to go back in for a second surgery in october. Since october, I have been able to eat non stop with minimal nausea intermittently. I have gained 12 pounds since the implant and feel a great deal better. Just wanted to let you all know this because for some reason, some doctors poo poo this device. I know my boston neuro told me not to get it because it was "hocus pocus". I am so glad I decided to get it. I feel so much better and because my stomach issues have been well controlled, a lot of my pots stuff has resolved!

If anyone here has gastroparesis and you have tried all non invasive approaches for treatment, I would highly recommend the enterra therapy device. i know everyone is different and responds differently, so i would only be able to pray that anyone considering this device would have the same results as me. I believe it is worth a shot as I went into this procedure knowing that it was a 50 50 shot at helping me feel better (that was what the doc told me, 50/50).

Anyway, just wanted to give some positive news and try to uplift you all!

I'm so happy for your good news, Angela! We've been repeatedly schooled to believe that the autonomic dysfunction causes the gastroparesis. In your case, "curing" the gastroparesis has improved the autonomic nervous system. Goes to show the as yet unrevealed mysteries of the brain/gut connection work both ways. So much more research is needed to understand all of this.

Keep feeling better-

Julie